Intake Spacer for 96-98 Cobra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

98tulsaslobra

Established Member
Saw MMR is selling them, anyone have any experience with them?

10-12hp accurate?
And, is this for only FI setups?

Thanks

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
I have one, but have not installed my motor as of yet. I will give my input as soon as I do.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
NA SVT is the likely one to knwo the answer, I would think it wouldn't do anything to be honest, seems like al it would do is raise the intake hat, which wouldnt change runner length or anything

DHG4410

Established Member
The test on thier website is from a built, stroked, blown monster of an engine.

But, there is a good thread in the new edge section of people getting around those numbers with a spacer on bolt on cobra's and Mach 1's.

Ill purchase one down the road for my 97 its only 130$, which is a decently cheap mod for one of these cars.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
The test on thier website is from a built, stroked, blown monster of an engine.

But, there is a good thread in the new edge section of people getting around those numbers with a spacer on bolt on cobra's and Mach 1's.

Ill purchase one down the road for my 97 its only 130$, which is a decently cheap mod for one of these cars.

Sure it's a cheap mod nut on an /n/a engine it provides no hp. I made one and tested it on an n/a engine a couple months, zero hp and tq gain. However, I do recommend one for FI combos that have the hood clearance. BTW, the test engine a 360rwhp n/a, 281 CI, cammed , B headed, stock long block motor.

Last edited:

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Sure it's a cheap mod nut on an /n/a engine it provides no hp. I made one and tested it on an n/a engine a couple months, zero hp and tq gain. However, I do recommend one for FI combos that have the hood clearance. BTW, the test engine a 360rwhp n/a, 281 CI, cammed , B headed, stock long block motor.

MMR said it would fit under the stock hood, but I have not done any measuring.

DHG4410

Established Member
My bad I messed up the engine size. This is what I was reffering to [ame=http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=8720001]MMR - Modular Mustang Racing 96-98 Cobra Plenum Spacers & Services for B head guys - Corral Forums[/ame].

I just can't see how we could gain nothing when the other 4v engines are making decent gains. It's something that should be looked at as they did in the new edge thread.

tt54l32v

Established Member
My bad I messed up the engine size. This is what I was reffering to MMR - Modular Mustang Racing 96-98 Cobra Plenum Spacers & Services for B head guys - Corral Forums.

I just can't see how we could gain nothing when the other 4v engines are making decent gains. It's something that should be looked at as they did in the new edge thread.

i would think its becuase c head intake hats are really flat and restrictive. ours are much more rounded. and higher up off the plenum. i suppose if the egr tube has not been ground off in our intake you might pick up somthing.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
My bad I messed up the engine size. This is what I was reffering to MMR - Modular Mustang Racing 96-98 Cobra Plenum Spacers & Services for B head guys - Corral Forums.

The reason is because the intake designs are very different, as are the airflow requirements of the engines, the cams, heads, etc.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I might try one out for my car when I finally decide to throw in some bigger injectors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread