Intake Porting Tips, Pics and info

4VFTW

Established Member
you really dont need to do any hand sanding...use a 120 grit sanding roll and keep the rpm's down so it doesnt melt the plastic and like pufferfish said if you need to fill gaps use RTV

4VFTW

Established Member
Might have been discussed, but are the stock GT manifolds as bad as the Boss in regards to needing to take down as much plastic?

for some reason the injector bunge on the Boss is larger than any of the other intakes , but they all will benefit from having it reduced and reshaped

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I used Splash Zone as seconded by Tony Mamo at AFR (cyl head company). I also mentioned expansion rate. Intakes that are used must be cleaned until no oil comes from the crevices (oil from pcv vapor). I only used it all the way around the runner effectively locking it in. Then I ported. 10k miles before I traded the car and removed it once somewhere in that time, still firmly in place. The only thing it cannot be exposed to is methanol. It weakens it. SZ is used on cylinder heads, intakes, and blocks by many porters and builders/machinists.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
A before and after dyno run would surely be appreciated in this thread showcasing the gains from porting the boss mani. That way I would know if it is really worth it

4VFTW

Established Member
I made a thread showing track results of porting my Boss IM...search for it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread