Insurance Trouble

schecter

Established Member
Hey guys, have a question about who you all are using for insurance. I had Geico, but they just decided to cancel my policy because my car was modified too much. Has anyone else run into this issue? Supposed to be picking my car up from the shop after finishing the engine next Wednesday. Looking for recommendations with companies that are fairly cool about modifications and price.

Thanks

stang8psi

Established Member
There was someone on s197forum who was just dropped from GEICO for Bolt on aswell ... kinda shitty if you ask me.

mhyjek

Established Member
My insurance decided not cover 2011+ 5.0 period. Shopped around and progressive was reasonable.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
My parents were dropped by Geico years ago for one accident. They were loyal to them for a very long time. Made the switch to Allstate, and have been good ever since for 25 years, despite a few claims.

stang8psi

Established Member
I have Usaa and my car is heavily modified and they are cheap and have never had any issues.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Dropped for bolt-ons?...WTF?? That sucks. I switched from Geico to Nationwide when I got married...never heard of this being done before, but what do I know.

Check out Nationwide. They may be a little more, but well worth it IMO.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
OP, I am going to send you a PM about this. I have GEICO and looking for a little more insight to what the situation is.

Last edited:

Razzles

Established Member
We use Nationwide and both of us have modded cars....but then again, they've never asked if we had mods.

SuperBlownGT

Forever CoBro!
Established Member
I have statefarm.. my agent is pretty cool about modded cars considering he has a mystichrome, comp orange termi, a lightning, 07 & 13 gt500.. I'm jealous to say the least lol

svt04cobra1

Established Member
How did they know you have bolt ons? Did you ask if they will cover your parts if you got in a wreck?

This??? Unless you told them about it how would they know? Usually insurance NEVER covers aftermarket parts. If you get into that bad of a wreck, take off the performance parts before the underwriter inspects the car that way you get to keep your aftermarket parts. If you trying to have insurance cover your performance parts good luck. :beer:

20drkness02

Established Member
I've been in the body shop business for years and would go with State Farm. If you want your mods covered under your policy all you need to do is give them a parts list and they will appraise the value after the mods. That way if you get into an accident everything is covered.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I use esurance. I pay 160 bucks a month. My driving record is not great and I'm 29. Never had an insurance claim in my life but also they don't have any idea of what mods my car has.

trolls56

Established Member
Having problems with Gieco and my Raptor. Once my issue is cleared up im dropping them for State Farm.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sucks. I had nationwide and my wife called asking about adding my supercharger to our coverage. She was told that any mods including lowering springs could cancel my coverage. I called usaa that day told them what I had done, they said keep proof of purchse of all items and pictures of it installed on my car and they would cover it. I increased coverage on my car, and my wifes jewelery and still save money.

Users who are viewing this thread