Installng headers/springs..????'s

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Ok, I'm starting my install as we speak, how you guys get the springs out without killing yourself? I'm working in my driveway so hopefully I got this thing rised high enough.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
What is that tube sticking out of the left header for the egr? If so I'm deleting the egr so what do I do about that?

1364669437.jpg

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Just cap that egr tube. TIGHTLY, or it might throw off your a/f ratio. They sell egr block plates thru lethal or many other vendors that have your block plate, a gasket, and the header cap you'll need. Or you could likely go to a hardware store, and find a cap and make a block plate like I did. Just be creative and go slow. Good luck

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I bought the lethal egr delete kit, but the cap doesn't fit the on the mac, so I guess I'm have to find a way to block it myself.

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
how is this install going? .. im sorry Clarence but work has been hectic and I haven't even been on here in a week!

it shouldnt be difficult to find a plug to fit the egr tube coming off of the header

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
The install is kicking my butt, I'm almost done though. Let me also mention I'm doing the entire install alone, should be finish tomorrow. I may upload some pictures soon.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Yes, I dropped the K- member, putting the springs in the rear was SUPER EASY I thought it was gone be a nightmare.

I'm not sure how you guys used the engine bar thing from harbor freight, I used used the block of wood under the oil pan I just didnt feel comfortable using it. So I just used the chains, and the little twist thing as a safety precaution on the springs lol I'll post pics later.

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Is this a problem? I've noticed small rust spots on the inside I can wipe them off but I'm a little concerned.

1365532515.jpg

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
the harbor freight stand works great .. do you have one?

do NOT used the oil pan to support the 700+lbs of engine

there is a tool to take out the stud from the block .. i dont know much about it .. hopefully someone will chime in

(post a seperate thread asking for advice on taking the broken stud out for a faster response)

Last edited:

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
you're going to get a little rusty finish on the outer coating of the headers in humid climates like la and tx .. i wouldn't worry about it, they will last a long time

the only way you'll avoid that is to purchase stainless steel like kooks .. but you're talking $$$

Anabolic

Banned
it looks like you broke that off flush with the manifold, resume take the manifolds off completely then grab it with vice grips & back it out that way.
if not send a pic/side profile pic & post it up. will figure something else out.

Vice grips are 90% the answer the f'd bolts though lol

Last edited:

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
the harbor freight stand works great .. do you have one?

do NOT used the oil pan to support the 700+lbs of engine

there is a tool to take out the stud from the block .. i dont know much about it .. hopefully someone will chime in

(post a seperate thread asking for advice on taking the broken stud out for a faster response)

Too late, all the weight is not really on the oil pan considering you have the trans, etc still bolted up which i'm sure holds some of the weight. I felt more comfortable with oil pan than the weight hanging by these little chains. But yes I do have it, just found a different use for it.

it looks like you broke that off flush with the manifold, resume take the manifolds off completely then grab it with vice grips & back it out that way.
if not send a pic/side profile pic & post it up. will figure something else out.

Vice grips are 90% the answer the f'd bolts though lol

It actually broke with plenty of stud still sticking, believe it or not I left it and tighten down the other side of the bolt really tight something tells me I'm gone regret doing that :bash: If I have to get back down there for an exhaust leak I'll just add some other parts that way it won't be so bad to get under lol

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
Found a bolt for the egr delete at home depot.

1365450840.jpg

I used the egr head shield on the exposed a/c line on the frame, also lifted it a bit.

1365641522.jpg

1365641552.jpg

1365641536.jpg

Used the harbor freight engine chains as a safety net taking out the springs.

1365304116.jpg

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
good thinking on the safety chains .. them springs are so hard to get out and you really never are sure if they have tension til you finally get it moving out

as for the a/c lines .. i had to pull mine up too for safety measures .. it wasnt actually touching the header but i couldnt get my finger between them so i pulled up on the a/c line and zip tied it up some

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
I had Mac's on one of my gt mustan gs, and it blew the a/c line. To say I did the whole install by myself it's not really that bad, it's just time consuming. I reused the stock studs, and gaskets, I also pulled my a/c lines up a tad bit with zip ties. I think I may have to reroute my nitrous line its pretty close to the headers now.

I'll like to thank everyone for their input :beer:

gnatsumarboc03

Established Member
^^^ I lost the 13mm bolt that goes into the steering shaft, (I have no idea how) so I had to order another one from Ford, other than that just have to put the springs in....c/c plates, and the rest of the exhaust and pray that I don't have an exhaust leak.

Users who are viewing this thread