Installing springs?

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I've used the search and tried to find a post where a member pointed out on his vehicle (photo) the actual bolt(s) from each side that needs to be removed to lower the IRS and remove/install the springs. I'll be doing the install with a couple of old military buddies at an Auto Hobby shop on base and just looking for a few pointers to help out with the rear. Thanks

teongies

Established Member
You should have come to the MACA mod day this past weekend. Then you could have seen the spring install they did. That's what I did and I plan to put my own springs in this weekend. What base hobby shop are you going to?

TRBO VNM

definitely should have come. it was great, although my back is killing me. I can't wait till I build the garage and install my lift.

gonna be doing another set in a couple weeks probably if you want to come on over. I can get both done in the same day if you are ready then.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
teongies said:
You should have come to the MACA mod day this past weekend. Then you could have seen the spring install they did. That's what I did and I plan to put my own springs in this weekend. What base hobby shop are you going to?
Hey Tom, it's gonna be Bolling AFB Auto Skills Center! :beer:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
definitely should have come. it was great, although my back is killing me. I can't wait till I build the garage and install my lift.

gonna be doing another set in a couple weeks probably if you want to come on over. I can get both done in the same day if you are ready then.
Jason, I'd love to have your expertise to help with the install! If I end up buying the wheels towards the end of the week I'd like to try and get the springs on this weekend. If not, next week is looking like a definite possibility! I just don't want new wheels on without it being lowered yet.... :thumbsup:

TRBO VNM

I-CAN-STANG said:
Jason, I'd love to have your expertise to help with the install! If I end up buying the wheels towards the end of the week I'd like to try and get the springs on this weekend. If not, next week is looking like a definite possibility! I just don't want new wheels on without it being lowered yet.... :thumbsup:

no prob man. PM me or something. some of us are getting together up off New Hampshire at Scott's place on sunday

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
no prob man. PM me or something. some of us are getting together up off New Hampshire at Scott's place on sunday
I can definetely swing by! :thumbsup: My girlfriend is coming back in from a business trip on Friday so I'd have to set her aside for a bit. Tom, when and where were you planning on doing the install?

BLWN46

Established Member
It's the 18mm bolt head you see when you take off the rear wheel, pull the shock bolts first. I used a overhead lift and had the rear springs out in 11 minutes no kidding. 14mm socket for the catback nuts, 18mm for the shock and subframe bolts, no wrench on the backside needed. Subframe only needs to lower about 9 inches. Had mine out 3 times now, finally set correct! TC

BLWN46

Established Member
No problem, once you do it , you'll laugh at how easy it really is.

Users who are viewing this thread