Installing New Springs....

Dinosgt

Established Member
If possible, please post some pics and measurements once you are done. Ive been thinking of switching as well from the pro kit.

I'm most concerned with degradation in ride potential. I know this isn't a Cadillac, but I don't want to have to replace a kidney.

Thx much.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Forgot to mention, the reason I noted that Cadillac, is that I have a DD CTS-V to compare it to... ;-)

I dont expect anywhere near that nice of a ride, but can no longer stand a car that requires me to get a weight belt to keep my kidneys in place - I'm too old for that stuff.

Any comparison ride-wise to the stock OE/or eibach pro ride?

Thanks much...

kwarnerjr

Established Member
Forgot to mention, the reason I noted that Cadillac, is that I have a DD CTS-V to compare it to... ;-)

I dont expect anywhere near that nice of a ride, but can no longer stand a car that requires me to get a weight belt to keep my kidneys in place - I'm too old for that stuff.

Thanks much...

I have the Pro-kit series springs on my 13'. The car rides a smidge stiffer but not much harsher than if you had the stock set up in sport mode IMO.

Pics:
5358fd31e11562575f7d437c3fe67153.jpg

a0e8774dfb9ce1980f5f310ccb6e7b1e.jpg

kwarnerjr

Established Member

fearthesnake

Established Member
I have the Pro-kit series springs on my 13'. The car rides a smidge stiffer but not much harsher than if you had the stock set up in sport mode IMO.

Pics:

Warner- Ur car is perfect. Great combo, stance and exhaust sets it off. Well done.

What tire brand and size you running on the rear? I cant quite make it out.

Dinosgt

Established Member

Pics:

It looks like we have identical cars, down to the exhaust. (I assume those are corsas but can't see well on my phone.)

I too have the pro kit, but it's still a little too high for me. Like the stance of the sportlines but my geriatric rear end wont appreciate too stiff a ride.

Nice car. Looks really clean.

kwarnerjr

Established Member
It looks like we have identical cars, down to the exhaust. (I assume those are corsas but can't see well on my phone.)

I too have the pro kit, but it's still a little too high for me. Like the stance of the sportlines but my geriatric rear end wont appreciate too stiff a ride.

Nice car. Looks really clean.

Yup those are Corsa's, sportlines were too stiff for me and the drop from the pros were enough to satisfy my tastes. So far very pleased with the set up minus the goodyears

03kbredfire

Established Member

Thanks much...
I went with the FRPP springs. As already noted they dropped roughly an inch to 1.25 from the rear and supposedly .4" from the front. I feel that they are softer than the stock springs and springs can generally be identified for there stiffness by the size of wire and number of coils. The 5300L springs have the highest amount of coils that I have seen. I cannot find a pic of stock springs but am sure there are less coils than the 5300L springs. Looks like 12 coils for 5300-L. The Eibach sport looks to very few coils and therefor a much stiffer ride. Below is a shot of 5300-L and the pro for reference. The front springs would only become stiffer with larger diameter wire as I do not think you could reduce the amount of coils.

Users who are viewing this thread