Installing moroso supercharger intercooler tank

y2kpony

Established Member
Over the winter I am planning on installing a moroso supercharger intercooler tank and radiator reservoir tank on my 04 cobra. Just wanting to know what coolant is best to fill these back up with and how much additional coolant should I put in these tanks since they are larger?I am running a Steggy SnakeBite eaton on a otherwise stock motor if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Stick with whatever coolant you had in there to begin with. Coolants don't like to be mixed! My old 04 had Ford Gold coolant in it and that's what I ran.

Buy yourself a coolant tester from the auto parts store and add enough coolant to protect you so it doesn't freeze.

Circulate the IC pump by jumping the relay located on the passenger side fender to remove all the air and mix the coolant/water thoroughly. Then test. Drain and add more coolant or water to acheive your proper ratio.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
You live up north, so I would do at least a 70/30 water/antifreeze mix with a coolant additive like Amsoil Coolant Boost.

This is assuming you are not experiencing temps lower than -10*F consistently during the winter months.

My rule is only use enough anti-freeze in a cooling system to support the lowest temperatures the vehicle will be used in. AF retains heat, hence why it's called anti-freeze., and doesn't allow the mix to release heat as rapidly as straight water. This is why I only run 100% filtered water and Coolant Boost in the summer months in Florida.

antifreeze_protection_640px.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread