Installing h&r's...should i be cheap or go with an expert???

portedsnake

Established Member
I ordered my some of my suspension from americanmuscle.com couple days ago i rodered the h&r springs, mm cc plates, and bbk isos rear and front..i called greg at ret in downey and asked how much labor would be one of his workers quoted me 300 or so just for labor..my friend owns a shop and he has a cobra also and he did his springs there and they turned out greaT...should i pay 300 and some change to get it done at a place with good reputation or 150 at my buddies shop..is it dat much of a difference were i get it done?????????

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Do it yourself and have the satifaction of you doing it :) and save the $ for more mods..im sure there are plenty of write up on all these items in the how to section. CC plates will probably be the hardest but easily done just take your time!

Jefe

Established Member
You dont even need a spring compressor. If you have normal tools, a jack and jack stands, its real simple. See my sig

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
$300 is a good chunk of change, if you don't have the mechanical skills or the tools then take the car to your friend but if you're able to do it yourself then I would go that route and spend those $300 on other goodies. Not that hard of a job to do.

selbyvince

Established Member
yeah its a very simple job i would do it myself and save the cash. it will only take you a few hours to put the springs in and the cc plates. the cc plates come with directions, and they are very simple to follow. and the springs are very easy, no spring compressor needed. do a little online searching and you can find all the info you need to do it.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
do it yourself. I did my springs in a couple of hours. Piece of cake. AM even has a "how to" on their web site!

portedsnake

Established Member
Just my luck americanmuscle.com sent me the wrong springs!! Uuugghh...i have to wait another 5 days for the other springs to get here...and for some reason my buddy at his shop said he did 3 cobras already for springs and that he has to take apart the whole rear where the springs are and that it takes about 3 hours with power tools!! All those that have done it is it true?? Lets keep in mind its a convertible i dont know if that makes a difference

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Do it yourself and have the satifaction of you doing it :) and save the $ for more mods..im sure there are plenty of write up on all these items in the how to section. CC plates will probably be the hardest but easily done just take your time!

^ WORD :beer:

So easy a caveman could do it! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread