Installed TVS 2.3 - first impressions

Don03cobra

Established Member
Ive encountered issue after issue with;
SCT - the ITSX is unable to log downstream temps - so Ive had to get an old X3 to datalog - Not real happy with SCT right now. I have had a trouble ticket open for over a week and the ITSX issue was supposed to be resolved
I will give props to ADAM @ Popsracing.com
He IS the man - he connected to my PC remotely and fixed me right up with he X3 (which was his idea for a fix-around)
Anyway, the 2.3;
This thing is a beast - the one thing that I thought that my pullied stock blower was missing, was the "grunt" down low. It was weak in the pants at 2K-2500 rpm but now with the new blower.
Its an entirely different animal. Power down low and up high.
I'm extremely please -
total mods;
2.3 tvs stock 2.67 pully
2013 injectors (#55lb I believe)
VMP (BJ) tune
Steeda tripple core H/E with dual fans
and that is it!
Ive had a 520 rwhp fox body that ran 10.80's.. my shelby felt similar prior to the swap, but now feels much stronger.

If/when I get greedy, I can add the smaller pully and the JLT intake.... we shall see.

Last edited:

Joewee500

Established Member
If I can't get this Kenne Bell setup to quit failsafing I will have a vmp gen II. How much boost is a 2.5" upper and 10%lower?

heatsoaked12

Established Member
I have no clue what you guys do for tires. Even with stock power its hard to get traction. With r888 mine is better but still suspension needs some work now.

Speedboosted

Established Member
I have no clue what you guys do for tires. Even with stock power its hard to get traction. With r888 mine is better but still suspension needs some work now.

More throttle modulation? Basic 285 Kumho Ecsta's are working just fine with a tvs. There are lca's and relo brackets, but thats it.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Adam at Pops racing is a GENIUS...he is super tight with my tuner Bill Miller at Pro Edge Tuning Here in CT....your in good hands.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
More throttle modulation? Basic 285 Kumho Ecsta's are working just fine with a tvs. There are lca's and relo brackets, but thats it.

I have lowers with relo brackets going on now. May i ask how much difference the relo brakets made and where I could find info on the best position to put my lowers into? which hole?

Users who are viewing this thread