Installed the LFP Billet Heat Extractor -PICS

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
I just put on a set of the LFP black anodized heat extractor hood vents. I know a lot of you have seen them before or own them, but they really look so much better than the stock ones. Wow.

Jessie at LFP gave me a great deal on them as an SVTP member along w/ free shipping. :coolman:

Here are some pics. Probably more than needed-:beer:

LPFhoodvents007.jpg

LPFhoodvents010.jpg

LPFhoodvents002.jpg

LPFhoodvents005.jpg

LPFhoodvents006.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have them too, but ordered mine freshly machined (prior to anodizing) so that I could polish them, and they look really sweet on black! I also figured that I'd have the option to bead blast them, and do them in satin black at some point, if I get sick of the blingy polished look. They are very cool pieces, I just wish they had optional screens like the ones made by True Forged. I'll probably make some up over the winter for mine, though.

totenkopf13

Trouser Snake
Established Member
Yeah, I also like the True Forged ones as well because they have the option for screens and other finishes. But I am happy w/ these. No regrets. :beer:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
I just bought some of these vents. For those that have already installed them, did you have to file/sand the openings down for the vents to work or were they really easy to put on?

I had to sand down the edges just a little on each one. I used 80 grit sandpaper as was recommended by Fore Precision.

Users who are viewing this thread