Installed some new mods on my LS Boss

5 DOT 0

Established Member
So it really rides as comfortably as with the stock suspension? I'm getting my car Saturday and I know I will want to lower it but I promised myself I would never again sacrifice comfort as I have with all my other cars, the last one being an '09 GT500 that was essentially ruined with Griggs stuff.
Like Gary said I have a similar setup but with the poly bushings. Before I installed the parts I drove around with my stock suspension set on 5 to get used to the firmer ride and so I could get a better comparison of the two. With the new components you feel more of the smaller stuff but it's not a lot stiffer overall. Maybe 10% max. In fact I'm surprised with how nice it rides, I was expecting a lot worse. It's now more like what I suspected from the factory. Supposedly the bushing in the panhard bar is where most of the noise comes from. One difference from Gary is I'm still using the stock UCA and have no plans on changing it. You can read more below.

Ford Racing Suspension Upgrades

Snake40

Established Member
Like Gary said I have a similar setup but with the poly bushings. Before I installed the parts I drove around with my stock suspension set on 5 to get used to the firmer ride and so I could get a better comparison of the two. With the new components you feel more of the smaller stuff but it's not a lot stiffer overall. Maybe 10% max. In fact I'm surprised with how nice it rides, I was expecting a lot worse. It's now more like what I suspected from the factory. Supposedly the bushing in the panhard bar is where most of the noise comes from. One difference from Gary is I'm still using the stock UCA and have no plans on changing it. You can read more below.

Ford Racing Suspension Upgrades

Thanks for the link.
And 5 DOT O, your car is beautiful. I love the wheels. I wish that color was available in 2013

Boss3o2

Established Member
Is this the kit you put on?

2005-2012 MUSTANG GT COUPE ADJUSTABLE HANDLING PACK | Part Details for M-FR3-MGTAA | Ford Racing Performance Parts

M-FR3-MGTAA.jpg

Yes, however I did not install the Strut bar, or sway bars. They are up for grabs, if anyone wants them. I also have some brand new FR 5300P springs.

I installed an AED tune, and was very impressed with the outcome. Shaun really knows his stuff.

bossmay2.jpg

kbroush

Established Member
The stance looks awesome. I installed eibach pro kit springs and like the stance but I am not happy with the handling. I may have to look in to the ford racing kit!

cloud9

Established Member
The stance looks awesome. I installed eibach pro kit springs and like the stance but I am not happy with the handling. I may have to look in to the ford racing kit!
I'm pretty happy with the FR kit. Would love to see that GHIG Boss at the Mustang Roundup at Motorports Park Hastings in September. Sioux City is a short drive from there!

5 DOT 0

Established Member
What don't you like about the handling? I believe the ProKit springs are the same springs as the FR P springs in the kit.

kbroush

Established Member
What don't you like about the handling? I believe the ProKit springs are the same springs as the FR P springs in the kit.

The rear end feels more jumpy when exiting corners now. I wondered if it has anything to do with the springs being progressive. The car has less brake dive which makes me happy though.

Boss3o2

Established Member

No, the rates and coil spacing is different, between the two.

The rear end feels more jumpy when exiting corners now. I wondered if it has anything to do with the springs being progressive. The car has less brake dive which makes me happy though.

I recommend the 5300-FR springs. The ride comfort, is (imo) identical to the Boss stock suspension. However, the less brake dive, and they help little sway these cars get, on rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread