Installed HIDS on my MKZ tonight

LogiWorld123

Established Member
And somehow dropped my keys into the deepest darkest depths of hell. I'm not even sure where they went, as they played metal Plinko.

I've been fishing for about 30 minutes and my hands are just about scraped raw. :mj:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
What kelvin did you go with? I've had HIDs on the 03 for 3+yrs, both main and fogs. Got my kit from an old source on eBay. His products last. Where did you buy yours from?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
What kelvin did you go with? I've had HIDs on the 03 for 3+yrs, both main and fogs. Got my kit from an old source on eBay. His products last. Where did you buy yours from?

4300k. I got them from theretrofitsource.com that was the easy part.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Haha I know your pain, my wife's FX35 has swallowed many items between the front seats and middle console.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Haha I know your pain, my wife's FX35 has swallowed many items between the front seats and middle console.

They fell into the engine bay. I finally found them and successfully fished them out. Here's the finished product.

15hmstt.jpg

u9f7k.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Those look really good. I'm sure you're experiencing a big difference in night visibility. Oh, and glad you found your keys. :)

LogiWorld123

Established Member
4300K pure white, good choice man.

Yeah, I had HIDs in the Nav and LS. I don't want any blue at all.

Surprised that an MKZ didn't have stock HIDS.

I was too- I saw the projectors and figured "must have HIDS" Little did I know that those are an option in a real expensive option package.

My thought also. I don't understand why ANY car sold today has a hot filament bulb anywhere in the car.

Much cheaper still.

I think they are an option. They come with projector headlamps from the factory so they should focus pretty well and not blind the shit out of anyone.

Yeah and I lowered them just a bit to be sure. The cutoff is crisp.

Looks good man

Those look really good. I'm sure you're experiencing a big difference in night visibility. Oh, and glad you found your keys. :)

Million times better. Was painful to look at personally. And yes, they cost me 3 scrapes and a bandaid, but dammit I got them.

scott_0

Established Member
Surprised that an MKZ didn't have stock HIDS.
Im surprised as well, especially at their price point. OP try to fish the keys out with one of those expandable antenna looking magnetic tools

Users who are viewing this thread