Installed CAI and Dragon TB and Plenum now car wont stay started

StewartJ23

Established Member
Just got done installing my brand new Posi ported Dragon TB and plenum on the 03' while I was at it I went ahead and installed my new JLT Cold Air intake. Went by the instructions that came with it, one part that was with it that the instructions never mentioned was a black circle piece with a hole in the middle and 5 screws that went around it so we just didn't install it because we couldn't figure out where it would go. After we got done we tried starting it up to make sure it idles right. It will turn over but die instantly. What is the problem? We checked all the connections and everything is connected. Kind of at a halt on what to do. Thanks!!!

TRBO VNM

yeah, post a pic of the part.

did you set the TPS? That is your throttle position and what helps keep the car running at idle. sounds like you just bolted it on and didn't set it. use a multimeter and test voltage to the center wire on the sensor with key on, but car not running. It should be about .98 volts. you want it between .95 and .99. IF you have an Xcal 3, you can log throttle position counts or absolute and should be around 203 or so.

sometimes you need to open the holes up more for the mounting bolts in order to have more range.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
MAF adapter? Do you have your MAF hooked up? I only have the sri but I can't think of what else it could be.

-Eric

TRBO VNM

MAF adapter? Do you have your MAF hooked up? I only have the sri but I can't think of what else it could be.

-Eric

I was thinking that, but that is 4 bolts and usually white plastic or aluminum. I haven't seen a black one and when he said 5 bolts, that eliminated that for my guess. LOL

and depending on the previous setup, he needs it in order to put everything together. It would seem like common sense to me. :D

StewartJ23

Established Member
I got it running, turns out that when I put my tire back on and everything that the back part of the MAF pipe or whatever popped out so the car wasn't picking up the sensor. It runs good, but the throttle cable now is a lot more lose and the peddle is closer to the floor, still opens full throttle when I floor it though. When you install the filter down by the tire, how did you all get around those hoses and the steel bars the hoses run into, very tight fit for the filter.

TRBO VNM

You can play with the throttle cable bracket and bend or space it to help the pedal feel inside the car.

what I have done with the filter, I actually take the ABS plastic shield on the fender and remove that small rubber strip they put on there and then I take a round file and open the hole a little bit more. Then I push the rubber elbow thru that plastic fender guard. It pulls the filter away from the metal bracket on the fender and imo, fits much better.

StewartJ23

Established Member
Thanks for the help fella's! Still trying to figure out a way to get the filter to fit better with those hoses and metal pipes. The post above ^ confused me a little but I'm also new to modding. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread