Installed Bruce's Delrin Kit +

Ray Lucca

Established Member
I just got the car back and a big shout out to Bruce [AC427], and Eric at Impulse Eng. in Huntington Beach, Ca. I ordered the full Delrin kit, grease fittings, 9/16 Bolts, and rear Bump-steer kit from Bruce, and it shipped and arrived right on time to Eric's shop. I have an 03 Vert with the full length sub-frames already installed, and the up-grades have transformed the car, planted, firm but compliant, and the handling diff. is amazing. We also did the following:
Installed Coupe springs, 1/2 coil cut, M.M. C/C Plates, Flush and fill the Diff. and installed the B.F. Brace, 2 new Rear Nitto 555's, Redline Hood Struts, and a 4 Wheel Custom Alignment, and Rear bump steer. The good news is, so far, NO WHEEL HOP!!! The clunks are gone, the slop in the drive train is gone, and the car handles great. For you So. Cal Guys, that need a good shop, check out Eric @ Impulse Eng. Installing the kit is a big under-taking, but I can tell you, it's worth it. Both Bruce and Eric are stand up guys, and under-promised and over-delivered, that's a good way to do business.

Jroc

Established Member
Good deal.

I told some of you douters who said that solid IRS bushings won't cure the clunk because it didn't for you, that solid IRS bushing will in many cases cure the clunk issue.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Yes, AC427Cobra's IRS Bushing Kit makes an incredible difference in the handling and ride characteristics of the car. :beer:

Too bad though you didn't get the sheer joy of installing it yourself. Getting those factory bushings out is a life changing experience... :cuss:

dan04gt

Behind Enemy Lines
Established Member
I am thinking about doing that kit,but am worried
that I wont like the ride quality/harshness.

Are you close to H.B.?
Any chance I could get a ride in your car
to see if I like it?

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Bruce is a great guy and his kits are top notch. If you want to rid yourself of wheel hop, this is the way to go. I have his kit installed in my cobra and LOVE IT! Thanks Bruce.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Thanks for all of the props guys! :-D I'm just a Ford crazed car nut like the rest of you. With the exception of being involved in manufacturing since 1973.

I'm a HUGE fan of the IRS which most of you are aware. But unfortunately it was delivered from Ford in a pretty poor original condition. It can be improved greatly as you have all experienced first hand.

I hope you're all enjoying the kit! :rolling:

could you pm me the price of the bushings and install please? thanks!

The link in my sig describes the entire kit and the cost with the complete breakdown of individual components.

If you would like payment details, shoot me a PM and I will get it to you!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Bruce's Full Kit +

+ 100 on Bruce's Full Kit. The more I drive the car the better it gets. I actually dropped the clutch on Sat....NO HOP!!! I couldn't even consider doing that before the Bushing kit installation, hooked right up...The overall handling is also much better. IMO this is the FIRST mod. you should consider, it really transforms the car, for the better. Major props to Bruce, his kit over delivers, and he is right there for advice if you, or your installer, needs it.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
I nailed it in first as the road curved a tad bit and the car didnt hop.. rather it went sideways. My heart stopped.. I let out of it.. shifted in to second.. my PPRV kicked in and it studdered... Back to normal driving. I love it. Bruce, thanks a million!

forcefedcobra

Established Member
its hard to beat Bruce's kit and installing it yourself should be required. You really get a great deal of understand as to why the kit works so well and how the irs is built.

my tools are headed back to bruce so the next lucky person can have fun!

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Only a little while longer before I come home and his kit is one of the first things I'll be ordering! Been following it for a long time! LOTS of upgrades and improvemnts since a year ago!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
X2 on the price of the install and kit, if possible please pm

The pricing of the kit can be found in the first post in the link in my sig.

If you're comfortable doing a clutch, you can do this job. If you read the FAQ in the link in my sig there is a LOT of good information regarding the IRS there.

If you are not comfortable doing this job yourself, installation varies on the shop. I would say the low end for labor would be in the $500.00 range. But to be honest, don't expect a lot of shops to do it for that. On the higher end, you're looking at possibly as high as $900.00 (or more) for the installation of the basic kit. Installation of the bumpsteer kit and bumpsteering the IRS would be additional.

I nailed it in first as the road curved a tad bit and the car didnt hop.. rather it went sideways. My heart stopped.. I let out of it.. shifted in to second.. my PPRV kicked in and it studdered... Back to normal driving. I love it. Bruce, thanks a million!

Ha ha cold tires will always slide out on you. Although the kit does improve the efficiency of the IRS a great deal and will make your car handle like it's on rails, it really isn't on rails, even though it may feel that way! ;-):poke:

Users who are viewing this thread