installed a head unit in my daily and did some vinyl wrap

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I was tired of the dim screen fjammer in my 08 toyota fj trail team and lack of bluetooth so I installed a new jvc head unit.

As of now it doesnt support mirror link with my samsung galaxy s4 but hopefully it will with the next firmware update so I can control pandora and mirror nav on the head unit from my phone. For now I just have to stream pandora via bluetooth but that's fine.

Also redid the vinyl wrap on my stereo surround. Factory subwoofer hooked up and working. sound quality is actually quite nice with the factory speakers

20130802_130756_zps58a3e326.jpg

20130802_133621_zpsfe342468.jpg

20130802_141536_zpsc356a634.jpg

20130802_152533_zpsa1a4612a.jpg

20130802_193316_zps040d2b90.jpg

oklahoma heat shrunk my last wrap and it looked awful but it was my first attempt and with so many circles its a PITA. This time I stretched and heated everything. still not perfect but much better.

nidyanazo

///AMG &Ducati aficionado
Established Member
Sorry but the fake cf with the plastic dash screams cheap. That JVC head unit looks nice, but IMO some brushed aluminum would complement it better- especially on a truck/ suv.

Heres a pic from google images showing pretty much what I was thinking:

zycaxg.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think what you did looks pretty nice. Can you post a photo showing a broader view of the new console?

CobraJay

Established Member
Reminds sooo much of my wifes 08 Wrangler interior that we HATE oh so much. Too much plastic looks so cheap. Well...it is. You deff improved yours tho. Came out nice

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I think what you did looks pretty nice. Can you post a photo showing a broader view of the new console?

Thanks Bob. I didnt modify the console any. just hid the smartphone module under it and grounded some wires for the bypass.

Looks good. Does it have texture to it or is it smooth?

It has a texture to it.

Looks good Brandon, nice work!

Thanks Lance. Wiring is my least favorite job to do but the metra wiring harness made it fairly simple.

Reminds sooo much of my wifes 08 Wrangler interior that we HATE oh so much. Too much plastic looks so cheap. Well...it is. You deff improved yours tho. Came out nice

Lots of cheap plastic no doubt but its just a standard non luxury 4x4 gunwagon. Had it out checking the hunting lease today getting filthy dragging limbs along the paint and running over stuff. Its exactly what I want it to be.

20130803_151359_zps6fc22c5a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread