Installed a 3.0 Weistec Blower on my E55

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Car looks amazing, love it!

Is the IC pump circulating the water too fast? I remember people trying to use massive IC pumps and found that the water was passing through the heat exchanger too quick to actually cool it.

2000gt4.6

Established Member
Car looks amazing, love it!

Is the IC pump circulating the water too fast? I remember people trying to use massive IC pumps and found that the water was passing through the heat exchanger too quick to actually cool it.

This is a common heat exchanger myth. The only way you can flow "too fast" thru any sort of exchanger is by flowing so much you cause cavitation in the system, creating air bubbles and vacuum cavities which do not transfer heat correctly.

Ideally the temps coming out of the exchangers closed loop side should be very close (10 or so degrees) to the input side. If you slow the coolant thru the system, you will see output temps rise, which means that some of the metal the air is coming into contact with is hotter than it should be, which results in higher air temps.

This is a pet peeve of mine, as I have had to fight this myth several times at different jobs through out my career. You'd be surprised how many people think a cold input/hot output on the loop side is a good thing (because the fluid is "absorbing" the heat). It isn't.

mystickb1996

Established Member
It is only a single nozzle post throttle body. It is 550HP nozzle, and I am using the washer fluid and heet combo too. I have a AEM setup to, and it comes on at 6lbs and set it to have full spray at 15lbs right now. I see a 15* drop when spraying meth verse not spraying anything at all.

Well I see some issues with that then, your running a twin screw that gets really hot and that 550 jet can't keep up(at 650hp you should be spraying close to 1000cc)and on top of it, your not spraying full tilt till max boost.
My recommendation is
Buy the duel setup for the aem kit around (60.00 dollars on eBay)
It will come with 3 more jets. Match the correct jet with the current size one you have in now. They come in 250cc/500cc/1000cc so I would assume you have the 500cc in currently which is good because you will need 2 500cc jets to do it correctly. If not you can buy single jets on summit.
And lastly on the aem box keep the start psi at 6 psi and turn the max flow down to 10-12lbs. This will this will get a slight jump the high rpm blower speed which is where you will see the most heat.
Also you will need to pull some fuel out I'm sure but at first do a few pulls/logs and see the changes in iat's and air/fuel
Hope this helps and good luck you will get it dialed in I'm sure.
Car looks great

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I run a killer chiller drag kit and alky control meth set up(uses a vc25 snow controller though) on my truck. I spray 100% meth. I noticed a 41* IAT2 drop from meth. Also ambient was roughly 10* cooler too so that did effct it. There is no way in hell i would put a killer chiller on anything again. It taxes the A/C system way too much. In the summer, in traffic, the a/c was miserable and the truck over heated with the stock clutch fan. Now i have svt raptor efans so time will tell. The over heating is gone though. Due to me running 20-21lbs on pump gas, my truck is staying as is(e/t & mph in sig). It's a raw truck, not a nice luxury car. I wouldnt put a KC on that car.

mavisky

Established Member
That thing is just plain dirt nasty and I absolutely love it. Mental note not to pick on this particular Benz if I see you out on 285.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words fellas. I ordered another nozzle setup from AEM yesterday. If I am using a 500cc jet right now I will try the 500cc jet that comes in the new kit to see how it helped. I am thinking I will place it in the similar location where the other nozzle is. Is there any potential issues stepping up to a 1000cc jet coupled with the already 500cc jet??

To answer some of the other questions, I already have a trunk tank kit like that weistec link posted above. That is a nice piece because you can drain the water out and pack it full with ice causing a major iat drop. Also, I have not added a killer chiller because the ones that have added it to their e55's, it worked the piss out of the a/c system and they started malfunctioning.

So for now, I will see how the second nozzle helps and play with the meth mixture some more. Also, I will set the controller to max boost at 12lbs although I see max boost at 14lbs.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words fellas. I ordered another nozzle setup from AEM yesterday. If I am using a 500cc jet right now I will try the 500cc jet that comes in the new kit to see how it helped. I am thinking I will place it in the similar location where the other nozzle is. Is there any potential issues stepping up to a 1000cc jet coupled with the already 500cc jet??

To answer some of the other questions, I already have a trunk tank kit like that weistec link posted above. That is a nice piece because you can drain the water out and pack it full with ice causing a major iat drop. Also, I have not added a killer chiller because the ones that have added it to their e55's, it worked the piss out of the a/c system and they started malfunctioning.

So for now, I will see how the second nozzle helps and play with the meth mixture some more. Also, I will set the controller to max boost at 12lbs although I see max boost at 14lbs.

not the same league of car I am well aware but on my neon srt I have a coolingmist kit and run a M5 post and M7 pre TB running 100% meth...works flawlessly and I have slightly more hp then you. Again this is apples to oranges since I have a neon and you have a E55 but I was looking into running a kit on my C63 because I was so happy with what it did for my neon. I never ordered a S3 kit from wiestec though

mystickb1996

Established Member

Yes, i have tried this before, running a 1000cc jet with a 500cc jet. the problem i was having is every time i did a full pull it was blowing the line off the nozzle. i called AEM and took awhile to figure it out but it was due to the influx in pressure from one line to the other because the smaller jet obviously wasn't flowing enough to keep up with the 1000cc jet and created a ton of pressure, the smaller jet would always blow the line off. also for placement i put the 2nd nozzle on the opposite side for a few theory's i had about the placement and better mixture/atomization from the 2 jets spraying simultaneously. pics not the best but get the idea. let us know how it turns out.
co_zps5c683a47.png

Users who are viewing this thread