Installed a 3.0 Weistec Blower on my E55

redfire03 svt

Established Member
20140914_091703.jpg

20141025_153038.jpg

20141025_152439.jpg

20140405_145457.jpg

Car made 635rwhp/687rwtq on a dynbojet at 13lbs. Drove it down to Silver Dollar GA strip with a 10 minute cool down it ran 10.97 at 130mph. Still working on making the tranny happy with the new blower at the time of that run, shifting was delayed and it kept going into limp mode.

None the less, I was happy with the first outing.

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Was the bottle used during the run? Does it whine? Got any in-car vids?

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Why didn't you just order it directly from Whipple? It probably would've been cheaper. Looks like Weistec just sourced a Whipple 2.9L blower.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Why didn't you just order it directly from Whipple? It probably would've been cheaper. Looks like Weistec just sourced a Whipple 2.9L blower.
Whipple likely does not offer a kit for the E55, the blower itself is only a small part of the battle...

redfire03 svt

Established Member
The casing looks like a whipple, but that is where it stops fellas. Whipple does not make these kits for the E55, so you cannot order anything from them. I did not use the bottle on the run, and have since increased the boost to 15lbs. These blowers make copious amounts of heat. Do you guys use anything particular other than what I already have, which is:

1)meth
2)5 gallon intercooler kit
3)larger heat exchanger with meziere intercooler pump
4)bigger aftermarket intercooler pump

These cars start to pull timing around 110* F, and at the end of that 1/4 I was at 147* F.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The casing looks like a whipple, but that is where it stops fellas. Whipple does not make these kits for the E55, so you cannot order anything from them. I did not use the bottle on the run, and have since increased the boost to 15lbs. These blowers make copious amounts of heat. Do you guys use anything particular other than what I already have, which is:

1)meth
2)5 gallon intercooler kit
3)larger heat exchanger with meziere intercooler pump
4)bigger aftermarket intercooler pump

These cars start to pull timing around 110* F, and at the end of that 1/4 I was at 147* F.

Yeah, Whipple only supplies the head unit. The rest of the kit is made by Weistec.

How do you like the meth?

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Meth cools it very minimally. I have messed with the mixture, and going almost 100% distilled water cools the best, but then you loose the small octane boost from the meth.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Octane boost shouldn't be a big issue at those power levels. Over 750rwhp I would start to be worried on pump 93. Cooling down iat is the same as an octane boost. Maybe you can thwobtorco in the tank for a little cushion. I wonder if you can get a killer chiller for that e55. Gorgeous car.

B0B

Established Member
nice car man. heat soak is going to be a big issue though, as you can already see. On my Mach, I modified the shaker to blow air onto the supercharger and it went from being too hot to touch to barely warm to the touch after a long drive. My IAT's dropped 30* under normal driving, and it only gets to about 120* on a WOT run. You should check into getting some sort of hood vents to extract some of that heat and it will work wonders.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Yeah, the black hood vent strip is stripped so you can see a good ammount of heat disappating from there. Kincaid does make killer chillers for the e55, but it is useless at the track since it drops onto the track. These big blowers love to make heat, more so than the factory 2.1 Lyhsolm. I will keep messing with the cooling and see if I can improve on it.

The small nitrous shot cools very well though. It is a 50 wet shot and does its job well.

Last edited:

mystickb1996

Established Member
how much you spraying? you should be seeing huge drops in IAT's with meth 50/50 mix (bottle of -20 windshield washer fluid to 3 bottles of HEET yellow) i have used meth on many different setups centi's and twin screws, and i have found on twin screws it takes more meth to get huge results but its still possible and when i say huge you should be seeing 50-70* difference in IAT's when spraying. Even way back on a non intercooled KB i could be cruising at 170-180 iat and do a full pull and get it down below 100 degrees with a dual aem setup.
What size jets do you have in?
when is the meth programmed to start spraying?
is it a dual setup?

redfire03 svt

Established Member
It is only a single nozzle post throttle body. It is 550HP nozzle, and I am using the washer fluid and heet combo too. I have a AEM setup to, and it comes on at 6lbs and set it to have full spray at 15lbs right now. I see a 15* drop when spraying meth verse not spraying anything at all.

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Very nice what a damn sleeper but then again not :)
Steve and the guys at wesitec are all pretty awesome , and their shop is huge

cobra187

"If you ain't first, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Established Member
Killer Chiller!?!?! Just a suggestion. I have one installed on the Cobra, but I have not put it to good use yet. It will definitely be put to use when I drive the car in South Carolina this spring/summer.

TermiInJax

Established Member
Have you tried 100% methanol and more of it? My cooling effect is almost twice as good with 1000 cfm of 100% meth than it is with 650 cfm of 70/30 meth. I also changed my nozzle placement to move it further away from the throttle body and give it longer to atomize and hopefully increase the cooling effect. I know we have 2 totally different animals but it's Just a thought. Good luck to you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread