Installed 2013-14 tail lights on my 2012

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Couple of weeks ago I saw these on a set of lights for sale in the market section. Didn't even realize they existed prior. Seems pricey for what you actually get but they are well made and fit perfectly.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-taillight-conversion-trim-1012.html

I always wanted to upgrade the to a full 13/14 Shelby style rear with the quad exhaust but it's a pretty big nut buying everything at once. So this was huge since it allowed me to buy the lights first. Found a pair for $800 on eBay in great shape which is about the cheapest I've seen for a good set recently.

Took a picture after replacing the first one to get a good comparison.
TailightComparison_zpspaukon8x.jpg

And after installing both, looks much better IMO:)
2013TailLight_zpsdji2pdzf.jpg

Jabooh1

Established Member
Looks great! You should be able to do the quad swap for 450 or so. Look at Reheagen Racing for the mufflers. I got mine from them for like 300 shipped. Tousley has the valence for the cheapest.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great! You should be able to do the quad swap for 450 or so. Look at Reheagen Racing for the mufflers. I got mine from them for like 300 shipped. Tousley has the valence for the cheapest.

Thanks, I will check that out. Unfortunately since it's a 2012 I also need the 13/14 bumper cover. Found one locally at a jy in black but needed a respray and they were asking a bit too much for it. So I'll keep looking, maybe something will show up a Carlisle this year.

scott_0

Established Member
looks good, think these are the ones I nearly bought, but I needed tires as well

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Looking good OP!! It's crazy to think that with just the Trim Insert how much of a difference it makes! Keep an eye out for us at Carlisle this year! You'll probably see me there - Look for the guy with the beard and the Oakley's!

Alex

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Your conversion looks great.
As much as I like the look of the tails on my 14, I have never considered changing the 11's tails, but that's just me..

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Looks great OP!

Were the taillights plug and play?

Yes, completely plug and play install. About the easiest mod I've ever made on this car.

Nice car collection Alibi! Can I borrow the bumper off your grey car? :D

helli217

Established Member
Lights look great. Try to post some outdoor/other angles. Considering this myself.

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Yes, completely plug and play install. About the easiest mod I've ever made on this car.

Nice car collection Alibi! Can I borrow the bumper off your grey car? :D

The Magnaflow quads come with a template for cutting your stock valence. IMO it actually looks pretty good. Now that I want to find one, I can't find many good pics of it. Of course. When centered the tips look great and the stock valence looks fine!

94070_800px.jpg

45918_800px.jpg

Last edited:

My1stGT

A Camaro Guy Too
Established Member
That really looks great. The filler pieces are really the ticket especially on a black car. Wish they were around when I did my conversion would have saved me a lot.

Rear Pic 13 tails 140808.jpg

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks guys. I'm in no rush to change out the bumper at this point but I do like the quad exhaust setup.

A.P.D.

Established Member
Couple of weeks ago I saw these on a set of lights for sale in the market section. Didn't even realize they existed prior. Seems pricey for what you actually get but they are well made and fit perfectly.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-taillight-conversion-trim-1012.html

I always wanted to upgrade the to a full 13/14 Shelby style rear with the quad exhaust but it's a pretty big nut buying everything at once. So this was huge since it allowed me to buy the lights first. Found a pair for $800 on eBay in great shape which is about the cheapest I've seen for a good set recently.

Took a picture after replacing the first one to get a good comparison.
TailightComparison_zpspaukon8x.jpg

And after installing both, looks much better IMO:)
2013TailLight_zpsdji2pdzf.jpg

... Very Nice !!! ... i just got a set off Ebay for $750 shipped !!! ... i can't wait to get mine mounted up ...

... and after looking at both 2012's and 2013's with the LED tailights, i really like the 2012's better because i think the rear bumper cover is cleaner looking because of the tag area ...

Attachments

• 20150912_140135.jpg
    20150912_140135.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 754
  • 20150912_135934.jpg
    20150912_135934.jpg
    808.3 KB · Views: 791
Last edited:

hotford

Established Member
I love that look of the 2013-2014 lights...much better

Thats why I did the same to my 2011 shelby,all around front and rear.......

Users who are viewing this thread