Inspection with DR's

redrocket16

Established Member
What does everyone do for a year or so old DR's which wouldn't pass inspection? Do ya'll have a 2nd set of wheels/tires for the rear to pass the inspection and then go back to the radials or does most everyone know a shop in the area which will overlook it?
Tires are a huge safety thing which I understand if a shop would not overlook that versus an off-road mid pipe but I don't have a 2nd set of tires to slap onto the Cobra at the moment. I could ask a buddy to lend me his rears for the inspection but hes 2+ hours away and I'm sure he would be willing, but thats alot of gas and hassle for it.

redrocket16

Established Member
Still lookin for advice. I know alot of ppl have DRs out there in SVTP land

Last edited:

Comp281

Established Member
I have the stock wheels/tires and a set of 18" AFS that are usually on the car. I have the BFG DR's out back and they don't even want to pass them when they are brand new even though they are dot approved. So I put the put the stock set on for inspection.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
Mine passes no problem but it also still has some tread in the middle. Nitto 555r's.

redrocket16

Established Member
Mine passes no problem but it also still has some tread in the middle. Nitto 555r's.

Mine are 555r's as well. I have had them for 2 years but just street use with about 3-4k on them. Not quite what everyone gets milage wise out of the tires.

TX03DSG

Established Member
I run n555R and they never give me any trouble. They also don't ask about o/r x either, but I'm in a non-emission county! :pepper:

redrocket16

Established Member
I run n555R and they never give me any trouble. They also don't ask about o/r x either, but I'm in a non-emission county! :pepper:

I actually got it done today. The place I took it to couldn't drive a manual trans so that lets ya know all you need. My lights, horn and windshield wipers work well though :)

I will be getting new tires within a year's time probably but they are not bad enough to warrant getting new tires now along with not driving the car but 1-2k miles per year.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have the stock wheels/tires and a set of 18" AFS that are usually on the car. I have the BFG DR's out back and they don't even want to pass them when they are brand new even though they are dot approved. So I put the put the stock set on for inspection.

Same Here. I tried on my DR to get a sticker when they were brand new and they were giving me a hard time. I run BFG Rivals now on the street and have my DR's for the track.

redrocket16

Established Member
Put on new tires. You gotta pay to play. If it wouldnt pass inspection then you need tires.

I've definitely paid to play with this car which is why I didn't want to replace the tires just yet. I know they are getting lower however the wear bars are still showing life in the tires so I know I have more time with them. I am starting to price tires I just can't find a set in a larger size non DR that I would want.

So far I am considering going KDW's however it looks like they may be discontinuing the larger sizes.

Users who are viewing this thread