Inside cabin of SRT-10 ram drag run video

yoda

Boost Lee Roy
Established Member
there going for 45k here,theres a guy in the army here with one.to get better traction he but some cut peices of train tracks in the bed.;-)

93deznutsblown

Could be faster than u!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by yoda
to get better traction he put some cut peices of train tracks in the bed.;-)

It's nice he found the trucks true calling...... I can haul things.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JohnnyWash1

Established Member
Originally posted by ilumo
ive been wondering... why the hell does the viper engine sound that bad... ?? I guess displacement doesnt have to do with it, because the 4.6 DOHCs sound much better, imo.. hmmm

I LOVE the LS1 sounds though.. yummm

I read awhile back about why the exhaust note is not very appealing from the Viper's engine. The Dodge engineers say a V10 layout is impossible to tune for sound, while the V8 can be manipulated very easily. I have yet to hear a V10 that sounds good, btw. Just listen to a lambo--not exactly sexy. I think this is why most skip the V10 and go to V12 (MB, Ferrari, Jaguar, BMW, etc.)

Jon

hardcore35th

Established Member
You might want to try using two toes the next time you count the cylinders in a Lamborghini. (12 total digits assuming you have ten fingers like the rest of us humans)You also just maybe should listen to that awesome deafening roar of the Boss V10 test engine befor you say a V10 doesnt sound sexy.

JohnnyWash1

Established Member
Originally posted by mustanggt35th
You might want to try using two toes the next time you count the cylinders in a Lamborghini. (12 total digits assuming you have ten fingers like the rest of us humans)You also just maybe should listen to that awesome deafening roar of the Boss V10 test engine befor you say a V10 doesnt sound sexy.

And you may want to consider all the options before speaking. I was talking about the newest Lambo, the Gallardo. That was the last V10 I heard (except for my friend's Viper), and it didn't sway my opinion on the sound. As for listening to your Boss--I'm sure it sounds good to you. You have made that clear. It doesn't have to sound good to me.

Jon

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
..55k hmmmm my moms brother has one it was like 46 with every option he payed 46....

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
Originally posted by Speed_Demon1965
The BOSS 351 V-10 sounded amazing compared to a Viper V-10.

The engine sounds so terrible on a Viper because of the firing order. The reason why our V8s sound sooo cool is because of the firing order (two pistons on one side fire at virtually the same time creating that "thumpy" exhaust note that signifies a v8). This is not the case with a typical v10, as it just ends up sounding liek a buzzy 6 banger.

NOW, the Boss 351 is basically an extended 4.6 V8 (two extra cylinders). This causes the firing order on the Boss 351 V10 to having a different firing order than your typical V10 giving it that thumpy V8ish exhaust note.

Paul

Slider

aka=Brad
Established Member
Originally posted by JohnnyWash1
I have yet to hear a V10 that sounds good, btw.

Have you ever heard the scream of a formula 1 car?!
V10 at 18000 rpm?
That has to be one of the best sounding engines in the world.

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by Slider
V10 at 18000 rpm?

I'd agree with you on that!

I like the Ram SRT10 alot but I think the engine would have been better in the Dakota (performance wise). Lighter and less air resistance. The Ram is a brick, while the Dakota would be like a Brickette.

BTW, where can I hear the V10 BOSS 351? I've been trying to find a sound file or a video but I cant.

JohnnyWash1

Established Member
Originally posted by Slider
V10 at 18000 rpm?

I have, and I forgot about that example. They do sound great! I think anything at 18K would sound good, however. I hardly count a 3.0L V10 revving to 18K normal, so I will have to revise my original statement to read, "I have yet to hear any normal or road-going production V10 that sounds good."

On the topic of not sounding good--does anybody thing rotarys sound good? I don't. But we Mustang owners are spoiled by the some of the best exhaust tones ever.

Jon

SuperTrooper

Can't get the last word n
Established Member
On nitrous....the V10 nationals world record holder belongs to a SRT-10 owner that ran 12.79 @ 109mph

now post some comments LMAO.

JohnnyWash1

Established Member
Originally posted by mustanggt35th
JohnnyWash1
Just breakin your balls, no hard feeling meant.

:beer:

I've had waaaayy too many internet debates lately. I need to cool off.

Jon

Stangkillin99ss

8 UR SVT
Established Member
where are you people getting your prices? They sell around here for 30,999 a local dealership has 5 of them...all black i believe. IF they paid 55 or even 40 i hoped they gave them a big tub a KY too!!:loser:

wlelandj

Established Member
where are you people getting your prices? They sell around here for 30,999 a local dealership has 5 of them
Can you say Hemi ;-) You might check out the MSRP here.
As an aside, anyone else wish the SRT-10, and Lightning for that matter, were available in crew cab configurations? Now that I've gotten married and own a house, God forbid I'm saying this, but I really could use a truck. Trucks have gotten so high ($) that by the time I find one interesting I'd be darned if I'm going to spend that money on a truck. The Lightening and SRT-10 would be contenders (for my $$$) if the had some sort of back seat. Just curious if anyone else felt this way?
-Leland

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
I thought it sounded pretty good inside the truck. It sounded like he didn't hook up till he shifted to 3rd. I do like the truck but for the $$$$ the Lightning is a steal by comparison.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by wlelandj
The Lightening and SRT-10 would be contenders (for my $$$) if the had some sort of back seat. Just curious if anyone else felt this way?
-Leland

Can you say F150 Harley Davidson Supercharged!

Users who are viewing this thread