Insane footage (His POV) of a solider taking fire during Taliban firefight.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
[youtube_browser]rLHU-_OhT8g[/youtube_browser]

Youtube Video Description:
No rounds penetrated his body armor, and he made it home with no permanent injuries. This happened in Kunar Province, Afghanistan. READ From the cameraman: " I got a hit a total of 4 times. My helmet cam died and i made it down the mountain on my own. I was also hit in the side of my helmet and my eye pro was shot off of my face. We were doing overwatch on the village to recon and gather intel. I was point heading down the face of the hill with the LT. when we got hit. the rest of the squad was pinned down by machine gun fire. I didn't start the video until a few mins into the firefight for obvious reasons. I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety."
"A round struck the tube by my hand of the 203 grenade launcher which knocked it out of my hands. When I picked the rifle back up it was still functional but the grenade launcher tube had a nice sized 7.62 cal bullet hole in it and was rendered useless. "
This footage is part of an ongoing documentation of the war in Afghanistan.

Last edited:

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
What a ****ing warrior. You can see the rounds hitting around him and he still pressed forward. Absolute ****ing warrior.

ademily87

Established Member
That made me anxious just watching it. Reading the comments makes me sick to my stomach though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
F'n A, Kunar is pretty legit area. This gets my blood goin, you never experience an adrenaline rush like this...
On a sidenote, tactically speaking if I was his squad leader I would have lost my mind if one of my guys took off on his own like that. Awesome video though it really gives the audiance who have never been in this situation just how chaotic a fight is.

Last edited:

Eaglei532

Still kinda boot at this
Established Member
holy hell, dont think i'll be sleeping tonight after that. that dude is a brick

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A warrior for sure. American warrior, that is. That is some serious stuff there.

slynch68

Established Member
"I came out into the open to draw fire so my squad could get to safety"

Not smart, Team bounding is taught for a reason behind cover/concealment. Weapons discipline needs work.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
That is terrifying. I can't imagine the type of courage and bravery you need to have to not only be put in that situation, but to also continue to fight.

mikeyfitz

Established Member
I applaud his thinking, but at same time being as I just got to Germany from Afghanistan as as squad leader, I would have freaked on him for doing that. We got into those situations almost everyday and you never want to stray too far like he did. But he was a brave mother ****er, ill give him that. I lost my first ever soldiers as a leader this deployment and it sucks, so I can feel for a squad leader if their guys try to be too heroic.

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Damn. That made my eyes water a little. I wanted to reach through the screen and drag him back with me. Everyone that has had to go over there is my hero. The guys in this thread who were there, are my ****ing heros. Regardless of their job. THANK YOU.

bullittrevor

Established Member
Crazy video. Whenever he started shouting "im hit" I found myself trying to take cover behind that rock like he was haha. What type of armor does someone like this wear? And what parts of the body are/aren't protected? I've always wondered.

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Crazy video. Whenever he started shouting "im hit" I found myself trying to take cover behind that rock like he was haha. What type of armor does someone like this wear? And what parts of the body are/aren't protected? I've always wondered.

Plate carrier with 7.62mm AP SAPI plates.

b dub

4.10's or 4.30's??!!
Established Member
What was the point of all that?
Hate to take away from his bravery, but unless be got his squad to safety, then nothing. He strolled into the open then yelled I'm hit 12 times which is going to bring another man out to help him. And he was shooting at nothing, fumbling his weapon.

And if E stats are important, well let's just say I have the t shirt.

Bouttime09

Oh, it's not 5.0?
Established Member
Hate to take away from his bravery, but unless be got his squad to safety, then nothing. He strolled into the open then yelled I'm hit 12 times which is going to bring another man out to help him. And he was shooting at nothing, fumbling his weapon.

And if E stats are important, well let's just say I have the t shirt.

Exactly my thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread