Input on a possible Cobra purchase

Shhhh

Established Member
If this is in the wrong section I apologize. Putting all the Corbic stuff aside what do you think about this car? I'm looking for a clean stock 2003/2004 Cobra to drive once a week or so. It has been listed for sale for a few months now. Is the price scaring people away or am I missing something and the car is a dud? Thanks in advance.

2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary, Torch Red, 27,153 miles, appears to be 100% stock. They are asking $23,999.

Link to ad and youtube walkaround-
https://www.hi-endauto.com/inventory/ford/mustang/2759/

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That looks pretty damn nice to me. Nothing really jumped out at me as very far off. "Maybe" a bit of unusual corrosion on the hood prop hinge.....but that's being very picky and the tough to decide from a vid. Are those rims original?

If the car history checks out....seems like a good deal. The body and paint looked great. Probably never a bad idea to get a compression test....since these motors can't talk and are easily returned to stock....but it sounded damn fine just sitting there idling.

Good luck.

Zemedici

Established Member
Always gotta be a bit leery with purchasing a used 03-04 car, but as stated above the car looks to be in good shape, and in addition, the price is not that far off. Lower miles, and relatively stock.

Could always have a local member go and check out the car for you, buddy.

Speaking of, nice to see ya pop in again! Still got the Shelby?

IllCobra

Established Member
Yeah, the price isn't bad at all for the miles and condition. Also, being a 10th anniversary means that it has the 9 thread DB heads. I just feel it hasn't sold because it's a vert. From what I've seen while I was shopping, verts do not sell as quick and aren't as sought after as coupes. But if convertibles are your thing then this looks like a great buy imo

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That's definitely one of the nicer Terminator convertibles I've seen. Price is about right for a dealership car. Pretty much stock...that's good. Only ONE owner....that's definitely good! Lower mileage...that's good. Nice Cobra.

Shhhh

Established Member
Always gotta be a bit leery with purchasing a used 03-04 car, but as stated above the car looks to be in good shape, and in addition, the price is not that far off. Lower miles, and relatively stock.

Could always have a local member go and check out the car for you, buddy.

Speaking of, nice to see ya pop in again! Still got the Shelby?

I emailed them to clear up a few questions I had with the vehicle. Thank you guys for all of your input. Yep I still have the Shelby. I'm moving back to GA for good in a few months so it'll get a lot more use. I'm wanting to pick up an 03/04 as a welcome home present for myself :D

Zemedici

Established Member
I emailed them to clear up a few questions I had with the vehicle. Thank you guys for all of your input. Yep I still have the Shelby. I'm moving back to GA for good in a few months so it'll get a lot more use. I'm wanting to pick up an 03/04 as a welcome home present for myself :D

Completely reasonable buddy - swing by the shop when you get back! Welcome home

BoostedSVT03

Established Member
I have heard good things about Hi-End. I know he does a little bit of reconditioning and cleanup on some of the inventory but judging by the current inventory he hit the low-mile Cobra jackpot.

The TR 04 makes me want to do irresponsible things

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I bought my Cobra from them. It was a good experience Robert and Anita are stand up people. That’s a good price imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread