Input on a new ride

SLOWNED

Established Member
I've finally decided to sell my cobra and my DD for just 1 car. I've been finding myself driving the daily driver accord much more than i do my cobra and while i hate driving the accord, it just isn't comfortable daily driving my blown cobra... not to mention, parking is scarce where i live.

I've narrowed the options down to 2...a 2011 5.0 mustang or a 2010-2011 shelby gt500. I really want the shelby, but i'm not sure how well it would work out as a daily driver. I don't drive far to work at all, so gas mileage isnt really that important. I need to have a car that i can drive with the AC on full blast through traffic in the 100 degree weather without any problems and at the same time the car needs to be friendly enough to drive on a rainy day. My experience with FI cars are that they need more care and attention than NA cars...which is why i feel like the 5.0 would be a smarter choice...I just don't want to feel like im settling.

Input?

JoeyR

omgwtfhax
Established Member
not to sound like an ass, but a good driver should not have issues driving any car, being N/A or blown. Just learn your car inside and out and get familiar with the way your car handles.
Side note: Good tires will will be your best defense against bad weather.

SLOWNED

Established Member
No offense taken. When i said FI cars need more care and attention, it was in regards to maintenance. Theres just more parts to look after in my vortech blown cobra than an NA car. I could swap a belt in 15 minutes on an NA car whereas doing that on my cobra would take an afternoon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Personally, I don't see a big enough difference between the GT and GT500 to sway you to the GT just because the GT500 has a blower. The factory blower setup is one of the best and is well proven. There are a ton of people driving GT500s (and 2003-2004 Cobras) who are very satisfied with them as daily drivers. When I had my 2003 Cobra it was driven daily except for the winter months. And that included hot summer days in traffic. Not one issue. I kept the mods to a reasonable level (intake, exhaust, moderate boost and a blower port) and at that level (504rwhp) I never had one single issue driving it daily. I say drive them both, compare their features and go with the one that you like the most. Either should work well as a daily driver, especially if you decide to keep the engines stock or near stock. If you do mod either one, how you mod and treat them will affect overall satisfaction as a daily driver. JMO.

Hopefully in the end you'll go for the one that you like over the other, dismissing any thoughts of the blower being a driveability factor.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
First off if you're debating a 10 or 11 gt500 you'd be insane not to get an 11. The improvements to the car are too many to list. If you have the means to get a gt500 over a 5.0 I'd buy the gt500 100 times out of 100; and they both have the same warranty. A car is a car; if you maintain it it will perform.

Users who are viewing this thread