Injectors Fail During/After Cleaning?

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I was cleaning my injectors after the car sitting so long, just using one of those cheap fleabay kits. It's basically a plastic nozzle to connect to a carb cleaner can, and an injector pigtail with alligator clamps to hook to the battery. Worked great on the drivers side. I energized the injector then quickly gave it a couple short bursts and disconnected it.

Got down to the last injector on the passenger side and it no longer opens/cycles. Then trying to retest a few others to confirm, a couple still work. Then two don't. Then three. All the injectors had roughly the same resistance- around 8.3-8.6ohm. Verified 12V at the pins on the pigtail.

Is there anything that would fail the injectors in that situation? They can/do run static on cars for much longer, at higher current and temperatures.

Only thing I can think of is if the pigtail is not making solid contact with the injector pins, but I can't see how that could happen, nor a good way to test it. If there's an issue I don't want to kill even more injectors.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Re-install the injectors and run it. See if you throw a misfire code. If not, should be good to go. If it throws a code, then possibly the cheap kit harmed the injectors. Not sure how but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread