Injector o-rings will not go in. *picture*

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
IMG_4813.JPG
Hey guys. I keep running into the issue where the o-rings will not sit flush in the rail. When I push them in the start to fold over the injector. No matter how much lube I use i cannot get these to go on. I've also tried different types of o rings and that didn't help. Any suggestions?

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Did you verify the rail and injector sizes? Looks like either the rail size is too small or the injector size is too large for that fuel rail application.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Did you verify the rail and injector sizes? Looks like either the rail size is too small or the injector size is too large for that fuel rail application.
These rails and injectors and have been in the car for years. I had to take the rails off to replace the intercooler so putting it back together I needed new o rings and this what's happening

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
New question. I got the injectors in and rail on. Now my question is, should the rail have any play once torqued down? Spec says 89 inch pounds. Which I did but there is a noticeable amount of play when I move the rail back and forth. Should they move or should I tighten it til it stops moving?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
The fuel rails should not be moving around. If the bolts are torqued down and they are then your bolt must have bottomed out or is cross threaded. If the bolt had seated down flush on the rail mounting tab and was then torqued down the rail would not move.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
The fuel rails should not be moving around. If the bolts are torqued down and they are then your bolt must have bottomed out or is cross threaded. If the bolt had seated down flush on the rail mounting tab and was then torqued down the rail would not move.
Ok, I just tightened it down. It’s way more than 89 inch pounds but now the rails are tight.

Users who are viewing this thread