Info on the 12mm bolt and Bushing swap

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
No search is really starting to bite..

Need some pics and info on teh 12mm bolt swap. Looking to swap the bushings out and I figure do everything at once.

Also what bushings to swap..

I have decided on the KB Alum. bushings to start but that is about the only set that I have in stone.

-E

TRBO VNM

toofast4u can really give you a better rundown.

the 14mm bolts are the front bolts for the IRS. I got mine from maximum motorsports to make sure I got the proper grade bolts. They are very easy to do. I was going to do the IRS bushings this past weekend, but after having the IRS bolts out and thinking about it I decide to let a shop do it who has done it before. I was far from home at a buddies place and didn't need to be stranded if something happened. I did the 14mm bolts at that time and changed my spring isolators.

The MM bushings for the IRS is what I would use. toofast4u recommends delrin for the UCA and LCA from a guy who makes them. AS well as the front and rear diff bushings....here is a link

Bushings

do all those and the IRS bushings, 14mm bolts and you should be set. I think there are some end links being made and maybe other bushings, but I haven't see much on it.

FKing1

Established Member
Go to the MM web site. There are detailed instructions on install and other info on the swap. They sell bolts also. I bought my 14mm x110 mm metric high strength bolts from a local fastener shop and they worked fine.
Fred K.

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I plan on doing them all at once so I just want to make sure I don't miss a set and have to waste another day...

Cool thanks

E

TRBO VNM

I highly recommend searching the modular board. There is someone there that did a detail how to of most of the bushings and had great tips and pics as well. The one other tip is to use a heat gun on the bushings before you start to help soften them up.

Users who are viewing this thread