Info on Sold Cobra

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
I don't post here anymore since I sold my car but I thought I would post this to anyone who might consider buying my old car. If you are interested or if you end up buying the car, I can provide you with plenty of information on whats been done to the car and the history behind it since I've had it and the history I looked up on it. If this thread needs to be moved, then so be it. Just thought I would give the courtesty of more information than the dealer might give.

Car is in the Raleigh, North Carolina area.

PS: They will take way less than their asking price, as I know exactly how much they have in it. ;-)

2003 Mustang Cobra

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Post the history up! 107k miles! Nice! Everything held up nicely?

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Good to know...how long was it pully'd?

It had a BF 3.65 pulley since around 77-80k. The motor was actually replaced with an SVT reman at that time (due to severe knocking--previous owner). I didn't like the idea of a reman until I found out the piston to cylinder wall clearance was better. Along with the BF pulley, a Steggy stage 4 port (TB + plenum also). I am not sure how long the lower has been on it. I changed the upper to a 2.93 at 90k. It also has a BA2400 and 60lb injectors, plus a BBK Twin 65mm TB. The only real problems the car gave me was a rack (replaced with new unit) and the stall issue (fixed the sticky IAC and got it retuned.) The best I could do with the car was 535hp and 520 ft/lbs by Dan at Pro Dyno. It also has brand new tires, put on about 500 miles before I sold it....go figure. If someone from the site does buy it I can give them the manual and SVT case it comes in, as I forgot to bring it to the dealer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hope it finds a good home. I wish dealers would disclose details like a re-manufactured engine in their ads. They go out of their way to state no previous accidents or exterior dings but IMO something like a motor change is important enough where it should be stated. Heck, it could even work in their favor since it would mean that the motor didn't have 107K miles on it. More like 30K miles on it. Nice looking car for sure. The exterior looks especially nice.

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Hope it finds a good home. I wish dealers would disclose details like a re-manufactured engine in their ads. They go out of their way to state no previous accidents or exterior dings but IMO something like a motor change is important enough where it should be stated. Heck, it could even work in their favor since it would mean that the motor didn't have 107K miles on it. More like 30K miles on it. Nice looking car for sure. The exterior looks especially nice.

The problem with that is I am not sure if they can pull that info up it was done out of warranty. I did not even know it had a reman until after I bought it and started digging into the history by actually calling places where the car was. Ended up calling the dealership that sold it and they told me a SVT reman was put in at around 77k miles due to knocking but thats all they would/wanted to tell me. Said I had to get the previous owner to access the history and them give it to me, they could not tell me anything else.

PS: Passengers side fog light area/fascia is cracked and is pretty much the only flaw on the outside of the car. The inside is perfect besides the usual wear to the seats, which I think look great for 100k.

Users who are viewing this thread