Info. on mini trucks

03auto

Established Member
Dont ask me why but my 16 year old son is really wanting a bagged mini truck. Does anyone know of a good site with info on them and a 4 sale site? Any info on this would be great.

ModularFan

Established Member
Alot of the S-10 Ranger Guys, do it, just type in low rider truck forums, or something to that effect. I had a friend that was into that stuff, don't really talk to him anymore.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Figure out what kind of truck he wants and search for a forum for that truck. Like a Ranger forum or something.

One thing to think about, you could get a high mileage Ranger and use it to teach him how to work on the truck instead of buying one already done. If he is into that. An I4 or V6 probably wouldn't be hard to do and a little fun.

Just a thought.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Have him build one. I bet half of the trucks out there are built like crap. You can really screw up a truck with a C-notch if you don't do it correctly. Check the gap between bed and cab to make sure it's perfectly straight, or the frame might not be true.

I have two friends who were really into this stuff back in the day. It's a pretty cool hobby and teaches you a lot of handy fab skills, but they grew out of it pretty quick. One guy spent over $6k on his bag setup, then when I got a Mustang a few months later, he got speed envy and sold it for a Camaro. Lost his ass on that truck.

Oh, and those trucks aren't exactly legal, so I hope you know a few local cops. Your kid is gonna get all kinds of fix-it tickets and probably some other ones if he discovers how cool dragging is...

needSVTsoon

Established Member
I used to have a neighbor and his friends who were into mini trucks. As someone already said, it can be quite expensive if you can't do everything yourself. A website you can look at for buying one would be Custom Auto Classifieds. Havent been on it in quite a while, but they used to have quite a few modified vehicles including minitrucks on there.

92BlkGT

Established Member
I used s10forum.com when I was into the mini trucks about 5 years ago. I was on Sr22 when I bought my 98 4 banger (3 speeding tickets) paid $1800 for the truck and ended up with about $5500 in it all said and done. It wasnt bagged but I wanted too, ended up losing interest and sold it. Truck was a complete dog but was cheap on insurance for me at the time (18 years old).

90272d1188022200-new-member-picture-001.gif

yuke175

Established Member
i learned everything about my ranger from rangerpowersports....

heres my old "mini" truck
yuke045.jpg

yuke024.jpg

ranger134.jpg

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
I had a bagged Sonoma, and LOVED it! Ive been really thinking about going back and building another one. IMO the S10/Sonoma is better than a ranger if your tall. The Rangers always felt tight, and cramped for me and im only 6'2".

Heres some pics of my 98:

DaveAndy1.jpg

GTG1.jpg

GTG2.jpg

Picture036.jpg

92BlkGT

Established Member
I had a bagged Sonoma, and LOVED it! Ive been really thinking about going back and building another one. IMO the S10/Sonoma is better than a ranger if your tall. The Rangers always felt tight, and cramped for me and im only 6'2".

Heres some pics of my 98:

DaveAndy1.jpg

GTG1.jpg

GTG2.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Good looking sonoma man, but that s10 is badass

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
i learned everything about my ranger from rangerpowersports....

heres my old "mini" truck
yuke024.jpg

ranger134.jpg

Pretty nice looking truck. Very similar to my son's first vehicle when he was in high school.

Users who are viewing this thread