inferno heat exchanger

b4three

b4three
Established Member
Hello!! I purchased this heat exchanger on ebay, it was advertised to be made for the 2nd generation lightnings. I finally recieved it in the mail today and it doesnt look like it can work unless there is some major fabrication takien place. The main problem is that the hose inlets are on the sides, so there isnt enuff room between the frame to put the exchanger. The seller assured me that he has put this product on a lightning. The clamps and a hose is supposed to come with it(havent recieved it yet,shipped seperate). Would anyone be familiar with this product? Any advice /input would be much appreciated,,,to help me figure out what to do! Thank you!!! :??:

b4three

b4three
Established Member
I dont think so, but im not too familiar with the JLP super cooler. This inferno heat exchanger is supposed to replace my stock one.

boost_freak

Whipple Powered
Established Member
you might have gotten a gt500 one. contact who ever you bought it from to make sure they sent you the right one.

b4three

b4three
Established Member
I would love to show some pics ,,but i am on vac using my parents old computer that barely even wants to work,,and on slow phone dial up. It resembles an AFCO, Fluidyne in appearance,size,quality,,,but the hose inlets are directly on each side of it(openings facing the fenders, if it was theoritically on the truck), unlike our stock exchangers or other aftermarket ones.

b4three

b4three
Established Member
Thats exactly what I think it looks like, the seller even confirmed what it looks like. He told me that i got there latest one and it will work! I just dont see it working,, i really think I got the wrong one even though he doesnt think it is the wrong one. This sucks!!

b4three

b4three
Established Member
There is one for sale on ebay right now in the ford lightning section ,,parts and accessories of ebay motors. The computer i am using wont let me copy the link! terrible!! But it is pretty easy to find. It is labeled "Heat exchanger for 99-04 ford lightning" Thanks SID

S. Jersey Stang

Established Member
this is the guy selling them on ebay it looks like. you mentioned devl llc which this ad shows.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...ryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i still say you got a gt500 unit which has inlet/outlet on the ends.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007...ryZ33742QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I don't think thats the one. I actually am waiting on one of those right now and they look to be the correct inlet/outlets.

I believe this is the seller/heat exchanger, and it looks like in the pics that the inlet/outlets are the type he is talking about...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Alum...rkparms=39:1|65:1&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

b4three

b4three
Established Member
Jersey stang is correct! The one shown in the picture on ebay is not the one I recieved/expected. Thats when I did some research and found the one in my possesion is made by cxracing.com. The seller from ebay told me today he is arranging an exchange. Im glad about that cause if others bought what was advertised on ebay and recieved what i got,,there would be alot of pissed off people!(lol)

Users who are viewing this thread