Induction Questions

sonic boom

Established Member
Do you have to re-program your chip if you put on a cold air intake? I was also wondering if anyone has put on a new mass air meter, and if so what results they got from it. What kind of installaton time is needed for a cold air intake? thanks,

Chris:chicken:

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Cold air intakes (CAI) take less then 1/2 hour to install..No chip programming needed.You can do exhaust and as low as 3.2 pulley..The stock settings are rich mixture and allow room to use basic mods..
It is good to disconnect battery,that resets computer when making changes(MODS).That will get the computer to relearn faster.
hope this helps..

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
There is no need to replace the MAF in our cars, your money will be better spent on other mods.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Chris which CAI are u going to get?

I have my K&N Stock replacement filter i dont use any more i can give u....but u need to wash it. I only had it for a few months & cant believe how dirty the filter had gotten.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Chris, SonicVenum / Juan had it on his car. Not sure if u looked at it?

MAC's o.k. to run & cheap in price but not sure if the Filter is washable?
But i hear the the MAC starts of as a 4" & then tappers off to a 3 1/2 "

Our MAF is 4".

Gained 12hp & 12tq with just the K&N Filter & Air Silencer removed.

Hey its free & when u make ur decision if u havent already u can buy it. :shrug:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by sonic boom
I was thinking about the MAC cold air intake here's the URL: http://www.rpmoutlet.com/mus03maccai.htm what do you think? I'm sure there aren't very many ways to screw up an intake.
I you're still looking for CAI info, use the Search feature here to search threads that discuss the CAI options. There are a ton of them. Use keywords like 'Cobra Intake', 'Cobra CAI', 'Air Intakes', etc. Deciding on which one one to pick is the hard part because there are so many good ones. Let us know which one you choose.
:)

sonic boom

Established Member
Now everything get's complicated, I just read that K&N released their intake system on the 8th of July, choices choices choices...

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by sonic boom
Now everything get's complicated, I just read that K&N released their intake system on the 8th of July, choices choices choices...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dude before our next trip or before the cruise, swing by my house & we shall stick in the K&N for u 1st.

Straight Open filters work... Suggest that VS the Bends.
(Going to make a cover for mine out of Carbon Fiber ;-), so hang in there bro. ) Im sure u'll like the out come.
:rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread