In the market for a Terminator

Cory

Established Member
Hey guys, I currently own a Build Ls1 TA. I'm tired of the unreliability of the car, and want something a little newer and more reliable. So i'm in the market for a Terminator. I have a couple questions since i'm going to get into this pretty blindly,

What diffrences if any between 03/04

How many miles should I try to stay under, at what milage do problems seem to begin to occur more frequently?

What would you guys have done diffrent when buying your cars?

Anything I should look to avoid, or that I should try to find?

Any help at all will be good. I know very little about mustangs, I have always been a die hard Chevy guy.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Start here and
sCh_reader1.gif

Terminator FAQs

03GT_to_03Cobra

Established Member
No difference between 03 and 04 other than a few cosmetic changes, different seat colors, panel on top isn't present in 04s, etc.

Try to keep miles as low as possible, only a few thousand more for a very low mileage cobra.

Cory

Established Member
There are two I'm really looking at, Both are 03's, One is a black vert, with 35k miles asking 20K 9.9/10 in every aspect.

The other is Sonic blue, with 52k miles. The body and interior are in really good shape, not as much as the black one, but still pretty good. The last owner ran it over a median though and bent up the rockers. They are getting fixed now. Asking 19k for this one.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
please read the link that's posted above.....you should learn a ton just by sifting through that

as for a better value of the two....that's only a question you can answer as we dont konw your driving habbits or goals for the car

Jroc

Established Member
I have this ubur cool pouch, net thingy on the ceiling of my 03 that is good for storing drugs,(lol, I kind, I kind) a cell phone, or something like that, and its not present on the 04's. My car is also Sonic Blue which is the fastest color Terminator and was only avalible in 03. :coolman:

But really their essentually the same cars. Their reliable if you don't treat them bad. Sustained WOT 5th and 6th gear pulls = a no, no with a factory longblock, and your just asking for trouble. I would make sure the compression is good on the car that you buy.

Good luck and have fun. A built LS1 car is a pretty bad car though.

Last edited:

Cory

Established Member
please read the link that's posted above.....you should learn a ton just by sifting through that

as for a better value of the two....that's only a question you can answer as we dont konw your driving habbits or goals for the car

I've been reading, Lots of info in there.

I really just want a good reliable DD, that has some HUGE nuts:burnout:

Cory

Established Member
I have this ubur cool pouch, net thingy on the ceiling of my 03 that is good for storing drugs,(lol, I kind, I kind) a cell phone, or something like that, and its not present on the 04's. My car is also Sonic Blue which is the fastest color Terminator and was only avalible in 03. :coolman:

But really their essentually the same cars. Their reliable if you don't treat them bad. Sustained WOT 5th and 6th gear pulls = a no, no with a factory longblock, and your just asking for trouble. I would make sure the compression is good on the car that you buy.

Good luck and have fun. A built LS1 car is a pretty bad car though.

What gear to people with mild bolt on cars seem to be hitting the end of the quarter in? In the TA I have to shift into 5th for a short amt. of time in the quarter.

Jroc

Established Member
What tuner software seems to give you the most controll of the engine?

IMO and probably 90% of everyone elses opinion SCT is the way to go with a Modular Ford, otherwise I would go with DiabloSport.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
IMO and probably 90% of everyone elses opinion SCT is the way to go with a Modular Ford, otherwise I would go with DiabloSport.

+1:thumbsup:
If you can`t find someone who KNOWSthese cars,go with a custom mail order tune from someone like Amazon or VMP Tuning.This is what I did.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Like any performance car, the more you mod the more expensive the upkeep. If you stay relativley [sp?] close to stock [500rwhp +/- lol] the almost bulletproof motor should last for quite a while. Depends on how you drive. IMHO I would look for a slightly modded, well taken care of[ documented w/reciepts etc.] low mileage car. $19k...24k. Def check out the link [Cobra Bob] 03/64 posted.

Users who are viewing this thread