In the Market for a new Backpack

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I am trying to decide on a new pack for myself. I've been looking at several options consisting of the Camelbak Trizip, Mystery Ranch 3-Day asslt, and the Eberlestock X2 Pack. The pack is primarily used for work (Army) but I want something I can use for hiking/vacation/traveling. Prefer something black in color. Multicam/Coyote Tan attracts too much attention in my opinion.

Im looking for input and other options out there. I don't want to drop $350 on a Mystery Ranch unless its worth it. The only pack Ive ever used is the MR (borrowed it for a day to try it out). Thanks

shurur

Established Member
I used an osprey scarab...it packed a lot of stuff and stayed centered on my back. I don't know what the equivalent to that model is now.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I have had my giegerrig bag for over two years, my favorite bag I've ever had.
http://www.geigerrig.com

It's a pressurized two reservoir system that's allows you to pump up and spray water inter you mouth, share with friends or emergencies, animals, clean wounds etc. one can even filter lake or stream water through the filters for fresh water. Tough enough to stand or jump on at full pressure and machine washable in the dishwasher. Just great tech and great bags!

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I have had my giegerrig bag for over two years, my favorite bag I've ever had.
http://www.geigerrig.com

It's a pressurized two reservoir system that's allows you to pump up and spray water inter you mouth, share with friends or emergencies, animals, clean wounds etc. one can even filter lake or stream water through the filters for fresh water. Tough enough to stand or jump on at full pressure and machine washable in the dishwasher. Just great tech and great bags!

Wow thats pretty awesome. The bags look a little small for my purpose, but Im gonna pick up a bladder to replace my smelly old camelbak bladder. I like the ability to wash it in the dishwasher. Thanks for the response.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
You can't go wrong with Camelback's tactical backpack or the 511 line. Camelback's ccw backpacks aren't listed on their site so you'll have to Google them

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member

Well I took the plunge and ordered the 1600 from Amazon. I dont know if it will suit my needs, but I am willing to test it out. Worst case scenario, I return it or give it to the wife as present lol. Very few of the Eberlestock come in Black which is a deciding factor for me. I dont want my pack to scream military when I take it traveling out of the country.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Congrats I know you will be impressed with its functionality. Like I said mine works great even after two years I have great pressure and no air or water leaks.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Congrats I know you will be impressed with its functionality. Like I said mine works great even after two years I have great pressure and no air or water leaks.

Best part is I just noticed the owner is a Veteran himself. Always down to support veteran businesses!

VaporGT

-
Established Member
Look at the Kelty bags if that one doesn't work out. I've been using them for about 10 years and have never had any issue with them. They sit tight and weight doesn't shift. Added bonus, if you sign up on promotive.com and verify you are active Army, you can get a BIG discount on them.

Users who are viewing this thread