In HD - Bolt on Comp orange '04 cobra vs Bolt on '04 white Cobra

l3d0hna3d

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfQ1dNI7yA"]YouTube - Bolt on '04 Cobra vs Bolt on '04 Cobra[/ame]

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
WTF? Looks like the white vert got pummeled the first time, then sprayed the CO, haha!!

l3d0hna3d

Established Member
WTF? Looks like the white vert got pummeled the first time, then sprayed the CO, haha!!

He spun the first.

The white one is on a 2.76 pulley, the orange one is on a 2.8. Both have intake, exhaust and a tune. Very close in mods from what im told.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Something doesnt seem to add up... either there is some epic fail driving going on or someone has some mods they arent claiming

Nice video quality tho!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very strange runs. First run the orange Terminator runs away. In the second run the white Terminator runs away. In the last run for a couple of seconds they're about equal and then the white Terminator runs away. If I didn't know any better I'd swear they were both on the juice and playing with each other. I'd love to know exactly what mods each has. Something just isn't right with those runs if they're supposedly equal in mods. And the white Terminator is heavier since it's a convertible. :shrug:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Something doesnt seem to add up... either there is some epic fail driving going on or someone has some mods they arent claiming

Nice video quality tho!

:lol1: Sorta what I was thinkin, but there won't be any owning up to it. btw I didnt look under the white car's hood, and it has been mia a while.:shrug:

Im not claiming anything, I got beat (BAD), but I will say I've never lost to a pullied car EVER, and not getting blown off the road from 60-130... It wasn't even a race. I've held even with ported and small KB cars...

That was a short race to get pulled that much by a heavier car with the same basic mods... The videoer did even out the weights, but still. I need to get my car to the dyno or track, it could be down on power with this tune up Im runnin. That would be the only logical explanation to getting my ass smoked:burnout:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Very strange runs. First run the orange Terminator runs away. In the second run the white Terminator runs away. In the last run for a couple of seconds they're about equal and then the white Terminator runs away. If I didn't know any better I'd swear they were both on the juice and playing with each other. I'd love to know exactly what mods each has. Something just isn't right with those runs if they're supposedly equal in mods. And the white Terminator is heavier since it's a convertible. :shrug:

Bob, orangey is mine. I don't have spray. It has a 2.8, BF idler set, Mac CAI/MAF, Basssani catless X/catback and a tune. I was on 100 octane for my Torco tune up. I've been 98 in the 1/8th mile with it on Torco. I can only think that the pure 100 is too much and the car was running fat, but it wasn't smoking, and it felt smooth (no breaking up at high rpms). Car ran smooth all the way home, and very responsive, so I don't know what else to say. I got beat badly, but I don't think it was by only a heavier pullied car. You can see the third vid he steady walked me, doesn't make much sense to me either.

Im bummed about it, but what can you do.:shrug: I was hoping to at least keep up if not pull a car or so. No money to make this thing any faster for a rematch, want to finish the 86.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Like I said earlier, I think the white vert sprayed!!! No way a vert with very similar mods walks that hard on a coupe (long tubes or not). I know STROKD can drive, so it can't be that either. Only one explanation.....that vert is on more juice than Sammy Sosa.

l3d0hna3d

Established Member
I was at the meetup spot before anyone else, I watched the white car prep his car and the hood was up for like 1 hour to let it cool. It doesnt have nitrous.

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
I was at the meetup spot before anyone else, I watched the white car prep his car and the hood was up for like 1 hour to let it cool. It doesnt have nitrous.

only logical explanation could be the white cobra has a better tune.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Good runs fellas!

I know both owners personally.

Both are upper only cars, with intake and exhaust. No Port or Nitrous on either. The White Vert does have Mac Long Tubes, but that is the only difference between these two cars. His car has always moved the **** out for it only being pullied.

Good vid, and nice kill Jason.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Like I said earlier, I think the white vert sprayed!!! No way a vert with very similar mods walks that hard on a coupe (long tubes or not). I know STROKD can drive, so it can't be that either. Only one explanation.....that vert is on more juice than Sammy Sosa.

LMAO! I gotta be honest, If I didn't know both of these guys personally, I'd probably think the same. But they are both upper only cars. No other mods done to either, with the exception of the Long Tubes. The White Vert is VERY ****ing impressive IMO. Always beating cars it 'shouldn't'...:rockon:

03cobrarocks

Established Member
:lol1: Sorta what I was thinkin, but there won't be any owning up to it. btw I didnt look under the white car's hood, and it has been mia a while.:shrug:

Im not claiming anything, I got beat (BAD), but I will say I've never lost to a pullied car EVER, and not getting blown off the road from 60-130... It wasn't even a race. I've held even with ported and small KB cars...

That was a short race to get pulled that much by a heavier car with the same basic mods... The videoer did even out the weights, but still. I need to get my car to the dyno or track, it could be down on power with this tune up Im runnin. That would be the only logical explanation to getting my ass smoked:burnout:

Nice looking pumpkin you got there! :) Looks real cool with the hoosiers on there! If your car runs as good as you are saying if you are ever back in the dfw we should run :) My car has been 95 mph in the 1/8th before I got my longtubes, new tune and tubular suspension. I think It would be an intresting race. I know what you mean about racing ported cars i have hung with a couple and boy are they mad :lol:

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
The white vert doesn't have nitrous. I personally know the guy! Nice runs looks like Strokd doesn't have the fastest pullied cobra in the world anymore.:lol: Btw it's a street race and anything can happen! I've seen big upset's all the time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread