In dash Navigation / DVD question?

DropTopSnake

Serious Power Addiction!
Established Member
Anybody install or know of anyone running an Eclipse AVN 5435 or AVN 5500 in 2004 Cobra? (guess mustang or whatever...as they all have the same head unit setup)

I'm sure it can be done...just wondering how much modifcation may be needed. Only reason I'm concerned is that I was looking on Circuit City website (not where I'll purchase from, but just checking things out) at the AVN 5500 and it says that the unit DOES NOT fit in the 2004 Mustang. But then, they offer an "installation kit / bezel"...so I believe that this is what is needed for the unit to fit nicely (but the site does not explicitly state that).

Anybody have any ideas...they are appreciated.

Thanks,
Dustin

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Have you tried calling Circuit City or stopping into a store to check? That might be your best course of getting info.

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
Basically, a custom dash kit is all that is needed. If you plan on taking out for mach system now is the time to do it. They can however, adapt it to your factory system if you want. It is possible, this is alittle bit more than just hooking up a simple radio because of the dash kit and mach adaptation. Im guessing install will run you arround $350, custom kit $50, harness $25... Just a ballpark figure. Thats what we'll charge you a BBY. Most them can be haggled with too, so dont hesitate!

Users who are viewing this thread