IMRCs deleted....now what

98SVTContour98

Established Member
In past threads I've kept everyone updated on the IMRC deletes I did.

Well the car really hasn't felt the same since...it feels lazy still, like it's not pulling as hard.

NASVT told me its just a tune problem.

How much timing is too much timing? Is there anything else to consider as far as making sure the car is getting all the spark/timing it needs to make up for the IMRCs being deleted?

Thanks.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
In past threads I've kept everyone updated on the IMRC deletes I did.

Well the car really hasn't felt the same since...it feels lazy still, like it's not pulling as hard.

NASVT told me its just a tune problem.

How much timing is too much timing? Is there anything else to consider as far as making sure the car is getting all the spark/timing it needs to make up for the IMRCs being deleted?

Thanks.

Still using stock gears?

96GT226410

Established Member
People say the tune and gears can almost get you to where you used to be and with long tubes you should be faster than you were before. When I build my engine I'm going with C heads and I'm not going to have to worry about this.
Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98SVTContour98

Established Member
went from about +3 degrees to +10 degrees for now...gonna drive it for a while like this to see how it responds/feels/sounds....might try a little more in the future.

Initial impression is that throttle response is much better and car does feel stronger.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
Final Update: Car still never ran right after messing with the tune...replaced the plugs and put the car on the dyno for a real tune:

Mods: longtube, o/r hpipe, catback, and 4.30s.

Car made 288hp/281tq

Replacing the fuel pump and hopefully making a few more pulls this weekend/next week...should be able to get into the 290s but we will see.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
UPDATE: Car has been running great. However, today, on deceleration (with foot off the throttle) the car sounds terrible and sputters bad initially when getting back into throttle. It also decelerates at a much faster rate than usual! Acceleration still feels strong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread