Imrc!!!!?????

Svt98snake!

@COBRAMARCE
Established Member
I Have a question about IMRC!?? what are the pros and cons of doing the delete..because i ran diagnostics on my car and i have IMRC valve getting stuck and im really just thinking deleteing them .....now i want everyones opinion on wether i should or shouldn't do the IMRC DELETE! LOL THNX EVERYONE

98BlownSVT

Established Member
i read somewhere that you have to tune the car after the delete so if you got the money for a tune then im sure the install will lead to some great gain :) but not all due to just the deletes

SvtCobra.5000

Established Member
You could just clean them, but since your going to have them out anyway you might as well rip out those butterfly valves and rods and plug up those holes that way you know you won't have to worry about them in the future. After I did mine I drove around for a few days while waiting for the new tune, I noticed a lack of power/torque at low rpm but as soon as I loaded up that revised tune I knew I made the right choice.

00_silvergt

Established Member
I just did the imrc delete tonight along with a short runner all i can say is do it!
i agree, i did the same and felt a difference up top. and i dont have it tuned yet. still happy with the results, and from what i hear ill be happier once its tuned

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
i read somewhere that you have to tune the car after the delete so if you got the money for a tune then im sure the install will lead to some great gain :) but not all due to just the deletes

The tune would be nice.. But not needed.

kbroush

Established Member
I have the imrc deletes and 4.56 gears with a 6 speed and its a really fun car to drive. If you do the deletes you will loose some low end response but with a 4.10 or 4.56 you honestly wont know it.

mustangsvt281

Established Member
i did the deletes with the 4.10's and i loved it. mine were dirty and the actuator was shit on it. The deletes were great i got a tune from BAMA and did some data logging. have been running this setup for about a year and some change with no problems. I would say go for it the IMRC plates are nothing but a big pain in the ass

Users who are viewing this thread