IMRC Question

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
so i have a 98 Cobra and i know my IMRCs are stuck closed bcuz when my car gets around 4k RPMs it falls flat on its face and feels like it ran out of power.

now i wanna do the deletes but i dont have the money for a tune right now, how bad would it be to do the deletes without a tune for awhile? what kinda effects will it have on my car??? or is it not a good idea to do it.?

and i know about the low end torque loss, but is it really bad? i plan to leave it N/A for a while and plan to turbo it in a year or so, i have 4.30s so would they be enough to make up for the loss?

thanx any help will be appreciated

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Yes, you'll need a retune. You'll get the check engine light for sure. Without a tune since you would be getting more air she might go a little lean. With 4.30's you won't notice it much. Just when you have it tune make sure the tuner adds more timing to makeup for the torque loss. -Mark

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You will need a tune and like Mark said, there will be some torque loss, but it's safe to drive it without one.

xonecrazyx

Established Member
do youo know why they are stuck????. could it be freed up . before i go that rout it could be something as simple as clips on linkage broken or missing . id ck tha tbefore i just decided to kill that system

CobraBen98

GO SPURS GO!
Established Member
You could always do what I did, and release the springs and zip tie them open. I've been going like that for about a year now, no tune, no problems, still feels strong as hell to me.:rockon:

98CoBrAmIkE

SVT = The Shit
Established Member
well im probably gonna pull them apart and clean them, and leave them till i can do the tune. but thanx alot guys for the response

Users who are viewing this thread