IMRC issues

jdsupertinter

Established Member
I finally got the top off the motor, coolant crossover tube was a some beeeech!! It’s rusted to hell, got a new one coming Thursday. So I got time. I got some questions

Now that I got it apart, the butterfly valves sure seem to work flawlessly. No sticking. So I’m wondering if the module is going out intermittently. Is that possible??
Or maybe the actuators are getting weak?

So now I’m thinking about yanking em!
I’ve read some threads about it. But how much horsepower and torque will I lose? For reals.
Some people say yank em, others say don’t.

But as I’m looking at it, sure looks like the closed valves are super clean compared to the gunky ones that stay open. Like they’re never used.

I’d like some opinions, I really wanted to keep it in there, but I really don’t want to do this again. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wirelessguy2005

Established Member
I don't have any answers for your questions unfortunately but I do have a good used set of the imrc with the control box that I took out of my 35,000 mile cobra motor over the winter while doing some upgrades. if you are interested in them I would make you a good deal on the whole setup. PM me if you are interested.

jdsupertinter

Established Member
Thanks, pulled the module and sounds like something is jangling around in there. May have found the problem.....

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jdsupertinter

Established Member
Update, bench tested module, works as it should. The gears just wiggle a little, sounded bad.
So I took apart the assemblies and one of the bearings was locked up!! Ahaaa!!!
I’m figuring it heats up, expands a little, and the valve gets stuck when it relies on the bearing.
Anyway, found the o-rings at local hardware store, bearings not so much. Looks like eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread