IMRC gasket question

jman37

Established Member
Do I need the IMRC to heads gasket or the IMRC to intake manifold gasket, or both? I would also assume if mine are in decent shape I could possibly reuse them as well? I just didn't know what to expect pulling it apart if one gasket side is generally in better shape to reuse or not.

jman37

Established Member
But I would need BOTH sides correct if I chose to go new? Lol, just dropped $115 on vc/spark plug gaskets, $275 on delete plates, I didn't want to have to drop another $100 on those gaskets if I didn't have too, since it seems both sides go for 45/50 bucks a side.

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
Depends on your supplier, but you should be able to get a full gasket set for around 75 bucks.
MS959252- Fel Pro plenum set (upper Intake gasket, intake to IMRC gaskets)

MS95833- Fel Pro IMRC to cylinder head gaskets.

Theoretically, the gaskets are reusable, but unless your gaskets were changed by a PO, they are likely more than 20 years old. I'd consider it a peace of mind expense more than anything else.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Theoretically, the gaskets are reusable, but unless your gaskets were changed by a PO, they are likely more than 20 years old. I'd consider it a peace of mind expense more than anything else.
I wouldn't even think twice about going with new gaskets (both) for peace of mind. It's not like you're going to likely see them changed again. JMO.

jman37

Established Member
Thanks for those part numbers, I saw on LMR and CJ they seemed to go for 45/50 for one side and I couldn't find them on a Ford parts site.

rzimmerl

Established Member
Rock Auto is where I got my Fel Pro gaskets when I did the IMRC plate delete, was the cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread