IMPORTANT Info on IAT Sensor relocation......Rich/Lean Idle/Decel problem Solved!

Hotrodvdog

Established Member
Bought and installed a new IAC today. Same story, less money in my pocket. I even sprayed carb cleaner all over the engine while aiming at different hoses to check for vacumm leaks and there doesn't appear to be any. My fuel pressure is funny though. My fuel press gauge goes low at times during idle. Would a bad fuel press. regulator cause this?

01trublue cobra

Established Member
Hotrodvdog said:
Bought and installed a new IAC today. Same story, less money in my pocket. I even sprayed carb cleaner all over the engine while aiming at different hoses to check for vacumm leaks and there doesn't appear to be any. My fuel pressure is funny though. My fuel press gauge goes low at times during idle. Would a bad fuel press. regulator cause this?

Ditch the FMU and get a SCT Tune. If that doesn't work check the fuel pump

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
hotrod
go put that thing on a dyno
turns out my car was running 20% lean at idle.( with my mail order tune)
then i found that my mass air meter pegged quite early.
i ended up paying an hour of dyno/tune time of $90 bucks.
but now im on a path to make mine better. and im not shooting in the dark anymore. or wondering if i have a vacuum leak or something stupid.
with a new power adder like you did you could have many different things off.
but it sounds like you were having the same problem as me.
do your self the favor and spend the $100 bucks for that dyno/data log.

also with my mail order tune my fuel pressure didnt go above 40psi and now it goes well above and drives much much better.
good luck and drop me a line if you need any help with anything
J

rbrand9935

Established Member
I too have the same problem as you all and checked my IAT and its not loose. I have a Vortech SQ and run 2 Bosch Bypass valves and believe this could be my problem. Do any of you run twin bypass valves with your intercoolers. I had mine installed by Xtreme Mustang Perfromance and have had this stalling problem since the intercooler install.

jt98boost

Established Member
I am running a turbonetics raptor bypass valve, but I did run the stock bosch bypass before the turbonetics and still had the surging with it, I am not running fmu, I am running unichip, software, also I am running the vortech aftercooler

tpapenberg

Established Member
IAT sensor

I used a 87 Ford Ranger IAT sensor with my setup. The sensor values are the same and it is threaded. I welded a bung on to the blower out and screwed that baby in there. works awsome!

Last edited:

hardcore35th

Established Member
The Ford part # for the threaded IAT sensor is # F6SZ-12A697-A Only get it at the dealer. It is the one that threads into the manifold not the airbox/airtube one.

Last edited:

S.V.T.

'schitty wok'
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
is the IAT sensor you guys are talking about the same as the IAT1 sensor in the 03/04 cobras? anybody got a part number of the sensor and can someone give me a better description of the grommet or where to get it? autozone, advanced auto, pep boys? napa? car quest?

thanks
Jason

^^+1 can someone chime in for us cobra owners?
thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread