Important-- Anyone Thinking Of Doing Clutch Quadrant Install

Dominick32

BANNED
Guys.
If you are thinking of ordering a clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster kit and buying the PREMIUM AFTERMARKET CABLE DO NOT DO IT!

Only order the Firewall Adjuster and actual Clutch Quadrant. DONT BUY THE CABLE. The OEM Ford cable is the best around.
I put the aftermarket cable/kit in and was extremely displeased with the results. The clutch pedal was stiffer than a 1970's Pro-Racecar and it actually stuck to the floor and took much longer to retract. IT WAS HORRIBLE..

I often found myself dumping the clutch under casual driving.
Mike79 and Stangfreak sat in my car and said they NEVER EVER felt any clutch that bad and they didnt understand how I could be driving like that.

I went to Mustang Magic today, put the stocker back in with the aftermarket quadrant kit. OMG!!!!! Its amazing, it picks up just a little bit higher than the middle and it feels like BUTTER. I am so glad everything worked out perfect for me today. Please use my advice on this in the future if you are dealing with an 03/04 cobra:

USE THE FACTORY STOCK FORD CLUTCH CABLE

Dom

Last edited:

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
I would like to add in additional to the above:

The 3rd hook does nothing.

Get the quick-release quadrant for racing. Steeda makes it, the red one.

Dominick32

BANNED
Originally posted by ChicagoMike

I dont use the 3rd hook. I use the middle one.

However, ive felt a steeda and a upr and they are exactly the same to me. Just make sure you shim the cable by the clutch pedal.

What, do you work for steeda or something? lol

:shrug:

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by ChicagoMike

UPR has one to.

nuxx

Established Member
Unless you have a different clutch and pressure plate than the stock setup... I tried using Steeda's quick release (red one) and firewall adjuster with the stock cable and SPEC stage III clutch and pressure plate, and had to have the clutch enage nearly fully up, where was no way to lower it. Went with the motorsports adjustable cable.
-Peter

Users who are viewing this thread