Immediate Stop Sale on "Some" GT350 and GT350R Models

M91196

Established Member
Immediate Stop Sale on "Some" GT350 and GT350R Models

Isn't this the cause of the flamed 350 at the track that they replaced with an R?

Correction, the article states a snap ring failure on the one I was thinking of.

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
Isn't this the cause of the flamed 350 at the track that they replaced with an R?

Correction, the article states a snap ring failure on the one I was thinking of.

You are correct on that snap ring failure, but this was my first thought as well. Perhaps the additional crimp(s) could prevent said snap ring from failing. It may be overkill, because they no doubt put the test mules through their paces, but i am glad to see them taking this seriously.

shelbygt500_897hp

Established Member
Work at a Ford store ...... I can check if your vin is on Oasis ..... as long as I dont get too many requests ..... I got lucky too .... my 17 was built 09/01/2016

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Work at a Ford store ...... I can check if your vin is on Oasis ..... as long as I dont get too many requests ..... I got lucky too .... my 17 was built 09/01/2016

I checked at the owner.ford.com website and my vehicle came up as clean w/ no recalls (my Fiesta ST, on the other hand, does have an outstanding service bulletin). So I may have gotten lucky by literally a day (the batch date on the window sticker is 8/29).

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I checked at the owner.ford.com website and my vehicle came up as clean w/ no recalls (my Fiesta ST, on the other hand, does have an outstanding service bulletin). So I may have gotten lucky by literally a day (the batch date on the window sticker is 8/29).

Anyone else who needs to check can just download the Ford pass app.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161028-175734.png
    Screenshot_20161028-175734.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
If the sale was after the safety notice/recall was announced and the vehicle was an affected car, federal law has been violated and a civil penalty of up to $21,000 could be levied.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That is a great question.

Looking through the NHSTA's site I found some good groundwork reading.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm

But I don't see anything directly related to the situation you pose. Looking through some relevent US Code I see passages that make it look to be illegal while others sound as if it is ok. My sense is if you make them aware that you're aware and you want a refund that the dealer should accommodate you.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/30112

(a)General.—
(1) Except as provided in this section, sections 30113 and 30114 of this title, and subchapter III of this chapter, a person may not manufacture for sale, sell, offer for sale, introduce or deliver for introduction in interstate commerce, or import into the United States, any motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment manufactured on or after the date an applicable motor vehicle safety standard prescribed under this chapter takes effect unless the vehicle or equipment complies with the standard and is covered by a certification issued under section 30115 of this title.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/30112

(b)Nonapplication.—This section does not apply to......

(4) a motor vehicle the Secretary of Transportation decides under section 30141 of this title is capable of complying with applicable standards prescribed under this chapter

And here's one that deals with the manufacturer selling a defective vehicle to a dealer (can't find dealer selling to a customer a non-compliant vehicle).

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/49/30116

Last edited:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
is this going to decrease the value on all of these cars with the crazy adms now that they cant sell them?

Users who are viewing this thread