Im very Impressed with Procharger!!!

HOSTIL

Established Member
So my buddy bought a brand new 2015 Mustang GT Premium, Coupe, auto, 3.55 gear, recaro leather seats, 20" foundry wheels.... has a 3" Magnaflow Comp catback....thats it!! Long short, it's March 2018 and the car has 2348 miles, bought the Procharger HO system from beefcake racing, with the upgraded P1-X head unit, larger intercooler, 55lb injectors, handheld tuner. Kit goes on the car mid last week, the car made 578 rwhp 459 rwtq @ 10 psi, A/F 12.4..... alittle lean we thought...

The car was re-tuned last night by Bob Kurgan, it now makes 628rwhp and 473rwtq@ almost 12 psi A/F 11.8... other than injectors, fuel system is stock!!!! My buddy is 66 and has had some bad cars thus far in life. We both had super clean low mile 04 Cobra's and I'm currently looking to pick up a mint 14' GT500..... I'm had no idea these cars could make this type of power , drive like a stock car and sound amazing, wondering should I re-think this?????

MG0h3

Established Member
Takes a lot less to get there with the 15 and up cars.

Depends on if you’ll get the same enjoyment looking at it and driving it. I doubt I would although it is tempting at times. Just too many stories about the newer cars not giving the same experience.

If you drag, by all means I’d do it. Waaay better platform.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

bunits19714

Established Member
blown auto = hurt feelings and no knee pain after cruising(awesome your older as well) buddy is 66?, low mileage 16-17 are coming available priced reasonable because some people want the latest and greatest of the 18'.

HOSTIL

Established Member
Takes a lot less to get there with the 15 and up cars.

Depends on if you’ll get the same enjoyment looking at it and driving it. I doubt I would although it is tempting at times. Just too many stories about the newer cars not giving the same experience.

If you drag, by all means I’d do it. Waaay better platform.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yeah... I enjoyed driving his car, sexy lines, comfortable and the power is amazing....I'll be buying the 14' GT500

HOSTIL

Established Member
blown auto = hurt feelings and no knee pain after cruising(awesome your older as well) buddy is 66?, low mileage 16-17 are coming available priced reasonable because some people want the latest and greatest of the 18'.
Blown auto = hurt feelings!!!! exactly right!!! Yes, I've seen a 16-17's forsale, low mile some even blown. I'll be 47 next month, not quite 66...but not that far away.

Troponin

Established Member
I had a 2014 with ROUSH supercharger and it was blown within a few months of selling it. No idea if he had done anything to it, but it was a pretty conservative tune when I sold it. Should have been well within its safe limits. Had 8k miles too!!

Can’t wait to start seeing 18s with FI...wait, no, I don’t want to, because then every Tom, Dick, and Yolanda will be faster than me. Lol

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah... I enjoyed driving his car, sexy lines, comfortable and the power is amazing....I'll be buying the 14' GT500

The Trinity GT500's are beautiful cars and hold their value extremely well. The last of Ford's "brute force" muscle car IMO.

However... be prepared to have your ass handed to you over and over again by your buddy!

Take it from a guy who walked in those shoes (07 GT500 with 13/14 blower installed--650+whp). I loved my Shelby but im very close to getting back into an '18 Coyote car because, well, I want to go faster for less $$.

HOSTIL

Established Member
LOL!!! He would "lud dat"..... Only one way to find out?? I'd be down like fo' flat tires for that run... And we old skool.....You gotta bring ass... tah git ass!! LOL

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The procharger tune definitely leaves alot to be desired. If I were to do it again I would've just gone the tunerkit, however it will get you to the dyno rather than having to have someone send you a starter tune. 55lb injectors you say? I assume you mean the 47lb injectors beefcake offers with their "specials"? They are pretty small with little to no room to grow on an s550. Either way awesome numbers for your friend, With a converter & tires you likely will not be able to keep up with ya boy at the track even with a gt500...

HOSTIL

Established Member
The kit we got from beefcake, included the 55lb injectors. This Blown S550 may be faster then a modded 14' GT500... Time will tell, if so.....ya win some, ya lose some. I'll still end up with a very respectable strong running car. Also, the probability of running into a blown monster S550 on the street would be rare even in the large rural area in which I live.

Users who are viewing this thread