• Nitto nt05 - 295/35

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Nitto Invo - 295/35

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RL1

Established Member
*EDIT* - If you post in the poll please explain why you like the tire. If you can compare them to any other tire listed here or not that would be good too - thanks!

I've had BFG kdw2's for 4 yrs now and I'm looking to switch it up. Car isn't making a ton of power 452/497 so I'm not looking to run a DR full time on the back yet plus I still want an all out Dry performance tire for handling with tread wear between 200 - 300.

After researching on and off for weeks it seems the Vredestein is the overall champ but as dumb as this sounds I don't know if I can get over the look of the sidewall not to mention they look narrow (maybe an illusion due to tread design). I haven't seen them mounted on a Cobra with an 18x10 either, I think it might help if I did.

I can get the Vredi's for $189 for a 295/35/18 and 275's for $170 - killer price. Though, another catch here is I wanted to go wider in the back which lead me to the Hankook Rs-2 in a 315/30 but I havnt found enough reviews from guys here or any other site regarding them.

So far most like the Nitto nt05 but I'm not too sure as they haven't been on the market all that long and there haven't been enough reviews especially from us Stang guys.

The Nitto Invo is also in the running but read good and bad - not sure if the good out weights the bad enough for me to take the chance.

The Falken seems like a good choice also and I can get it in a 315 but I'm debating because it seems more like a dedicated track tire for the most part as well as the Hankook.

I can always go back to the BFG but unfortunately no 315 available. Looking and researching threads here concerning the 335 mounted on a 10 inch wide rim and I cant find enough guys that have done it - then of coarse there are the sidewall issues concerning bulge and actual contact patch along with whether or not I'm going to have to roll the fender and shave or replace the IRS bolt as it seems everyone that has done it has varying results. Rolling and modding the IRS isn't really a deciding factor if I have to do it, it's whether or not it's worth mounting them on a 10" rim to be honest.

BtW, finally ordered H&R Race springs along with MM cc plates so the car is going to be lowered by the time I mount the new tires. Not sure if that is needed info concerning fit of 335 or the 315 I might have to contend with or not.

You help is much appreciated!

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
I have run Vredestrans, KDW's and Invo's. All three are very good tires. One I didn't see up there are the GY GSD3's. That IMO is the best all around tire. GREAT wet weather and very good in dry weather- I'd say the Vredestrans are a close second. The Invo side wall is more for luxury/touring. I have them on my Audi and love them but they are a little soft in the corners, very quiet though.

GL:thumbsup:

RL1

Established Member
I have run Vredestrans, KDW's and Invo's. All three are very good tires. One I didn't see up there are the GY GSD3's. That IMO is the best all around tire. GREAT wet weather and very good in dry weather- I'd say the Vredestrans are a close second. The Invo side wall is more for luxury/touring. I have them on my Audi and love them but they are a little soft in the corners, very quiet though.

GL:thumbsup:

Thanks, nice to see someone with experience with half the tires I listed.
Reason I didn't consider the GSD3'S is because most people either think the Vredi's are as good or better than them and at $110 less per tire I'd go with the Vredi's if they are that close.

So over all for my application would you say the Vredi's are better than the KDW's?

kameleongt

Established Member
I haven't tried any others but the kdw'2's and they tend to get noisy after some few thou. miles. I would probably go back and try a gs-d3 but I heard the invo is a great dry performance tire. so i would do gs-d3,invo,kdw2

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
What other tires have you run other than the KDW's? - What size are you running now?

i have run tons of tires. Ive run sumitomos, toyos, kumohs, Michelin, pirellis, and now BFGs. Honestly the pirelli Pzero rossos were the best tire i ever ran, but they are EXPENSIVE, about 500$ a tire. The best tire for your money is definitely the KDW2, and they run a lot wider than other brands ive run, I have 295/35/18 right now on the back and 245/35/18 on the front and couldnt be happier :thumbsup:

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
I have the GY GSD3's and yes, they're a good tire. They're excellent in the rain and take the corners very well.

However, they have a weak on-center feel, are very noisy and have a harsh ride.

I'd like to try something different next time around and was thinking about the Nitto INVO.

RL1

Established Member
So if I decide to stay with the KDW's I want the 335. Any definitive answers as to whether or not they will be ok on a 10" rim? from what I remember some guys measured their 18" FR500 and saw close to 11" is that true? Also I found one post here with sidewall pics but the angle isn't quite good enough to see what bulge there is.

spinscan

Established Member
I have Vredestein's and for the price I don't think you can go wrong. They are very good in the rain and traction is ok, although I don't have the power that many on here have.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
The Falken 615's suck in the rain, so says my friend that ended up in the front yard of someones house after going around an off ramp (good tire when dry though).

RL1

Established Member
The Falken 615's suck in the rain, so says my friend that ended up in the front yard of someones house after going around an off ramp (good tire when dry though).

Only time the car sees rain is if I get stuck in a surprise storm. Being a decent/good rain tire isn't really a concern.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
I had RT615s for a while and I was impressed with the handling. Very solid/predictable in corners, no roadnoise can be heard over exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread