Im the newbie

Alensvsix

Established Member
Ill do just have to find time....got nice pix of it that i want to share with all of you!!!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Alen

It's nice that a few people in Europe are representing the Mustang community. My understanding is they were not exported to Europe but perhaps I am mistaken here. I get the impression most Europeans kinda look down on American cars with the Mustang to most being no exception. Perhaps you could shed some light on this.

I think the Terminator is the best looking Mustang ever made bar none. That is certainly a biased opinion but I think the basic chassis layout is better then the new 05 and up S197 platform though I am sure some would scoff at that notion. It's a compact short wheel base car equipped with an IRS with a sleeker look then the more macho looking GT500. The GT500 has upgraded hardware and a stiffer chassis then the SN95 but it's nothing that can't be corrected with money and some elbow grease. I would take a modded Terminator over a modded GT500 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The Shelby with its bigger engine will always make more power but both cars can quickly exceed the power level that the chassis can put to the ground and at some point they just turn into dyno queens. I was watching a vid of a 900 hp Cobra and the driver was struggling to keep the car going straight at every shift to the point it looked dangerous and not much fun.

Modded Terminators especially a twin turbo (a twin screw blower is the most fun to drive though and can makes 500 ft/lbs. of torque off idle) will humble just about anything on the road and the fact they are relatively inexpensive makes it even more fun taking down high calorie hardware. I spooked a Lamborghini pretty good with relatively stock one and destroy M3's as a matter of routine. A lot of Americans buy German performance cars as a sign of affluence (most of them can't drive to save their lives) and snub their noses at us thinking the Terminator will be an easy kill. Don't get me wrong a Mustang will be hard pressed taking on a BMW on a twisty road and has no business even entertaining the idea of playing with a GT3 but doing that on a public road is a very dangerous occupation. A street light brawl is a different story and an angry blown Terminator can be a very intimidating sight for anything wearing wheels :poke: And the sound a V8 Mustangs make is like no other car I have ever heard to the point I don't listen to my stereo anymore. The drive line are almost bulletproof. Detroit engines and running gear are pretty tough and hard to get one to break. That is not the case with some of the imports. As an engineer who has been all through the mechanics of my car I am pretty impressed with the quality of the build. The only are I am not crazy about is the sloppy fit of the chassis structure. A Mustang rolls off the assembly like every 90 seconds which explains why they use loose tolerances.

Here is a classic vid of a hopped up Terminator which will make you crazy wanting one. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8kkV1SFDBI"]YouTube - Snake Bite 2[/ame]

Youtube has some great video post of Terminators so pull up a chair and grab a beer. This is a great site with lots to be learned. Also you might want to get a hold of the book "Lead Foot Iron Fist" which chronicles the development of the Terminator. It is quite an interesting read into the inner working of how Detroit (SVT in this case) goes about getting a performance car to market.

Not sure what kind of legal issues there is getting a Terminator into Germany but you can pick up a modded Terminator here for about $20K USD. Getting it shipped and registered you would know better then I. They get about 30-38 klicks per US gallon on the highway. I would resist putting money into your V6 if possible and try to import a Terminator if you can swing the dough. You will crush just about any car who's driver is stupid enough :nono: to pick a fight with you and will make us proud. Stick with the faster silver example like your V6

Welcome to the board :beer:

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Welcome Alen!

Let me just say that going from a v6 Mustang to a Terminator will ROCK YOUR MUSTANG WORLD! :thumbsup:

In a good way ok course. ;-)

Hell going from any N/A Mustang to a Terminator will rock your world if you haven't already experianced one.

There's one guy on here that I think is stationed in Germany.(I would assume he's USAF) He has a black 03/04 Cobra vert. Maybe he'll see this thread and chim in.

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Alen

Me telling a guy overseas who owns a V6 Mustang describing what it like to own a Terminator with limited access to the car or parts could almost be described as “cruel” and now you probably can’t get it out of your head. Please forgive me LOL. I “roped you in” and now you’re hooked! Convincing someone to want a Terminator is easier then falling off a wet log :p

Your story is very heartening and sincere describing how you saved your marks for seven years and most likely want through a lot of headaches to get your V6. Us Americans tend to take for granted what our country has to offer and don’t appreciate how good he have it until it’s lost (not to worry, our new President and the democratic majority :cuss: is working to put us in a same predicament as you and is in the process of turning this country upside down, but that is a story for another time).

The great thing about the SN95 platform also known as the “Fox 4” (1994-2004) is that the drive line components are pretty much interchangeable with all years which also include the early Fox chassis (1979-1993). This is what makes these cars extremely mod friendly and relatively cheap since they were manufactured in volume. You could literally move the running gear from a Terminator to your V6 just by bolting them on which could be done in a few weekends if you had all the parts sitting next to you :idea:. The problem is all the logistic associated with getting the parts into Germany. It’s likely it would be a nightmare but you may have one ball in your court that you may not realize…….you already have the platform needed to accept the building blocks there in Germany and the car is already certified to be driven in country. That may actually be easier then trying to ship a Terminator then get it to meet all the regs required by German law. This may not be practical for from your perspective but let me give you a hypothetical proposal.

Before you contemplate this you need to think very hard and honestly if you have the financial resources and are willing and able to do this. You will need a garage and have a daily driver to use for transportation while your car is getting converted plus the ability to turn wrenches and some mechanical aptitude.

In the US there are lots of guys who modify their Mustangs which includes removing the stock parts and then put them up for sale here or on Ebay. That includes the IRS suspension systems which will bolt directly to your car with 4 bolts, Transmission, complete engine assemblies, brake systems and miscellaneous parts and even body panels. The IRS rear suspension in particular are often yanked out by guys looking to improve the drag racing performance of the car and I have to believe somewhere there is a huge mountain of IRS systems looking for a home. Here is a rundown of the parts needed for the conversion, what they weigh and typical cost in USD.

Engine with blower complete with accessories: $6000 depending on condition (you need to be very careful here as some people push the motor beyond their limits and you may be in for a shock should you un-button the motor only to find the pistons a burn to a crisp but it still may be rebuildable and the cost is not that high (a set of forged pistons is between $600-800). Weight of the engine assembly is about 300 Kg.

IRS rear suspension: between $500-1000 weight: 190 Kg

Transmission: $500-1000 (brand new ones cost $2500) weight: 70 Kg

Miscellaneous parts needed: (all these parts are common “take-offs”)

Drive shaft: $100 used
Wiring harness: $100-300 This one may be a little harder to find and most likely salvaged from a wreck
Upgraded fuel systems: $200-2000 depending how stupid you go power wise and you just modify your existing tank
Wheels: $500-1000 depending on condition and tires weight: 90 Kg
Front Brakes: $300 weight: 30 Kg
Front hood: $300 weight: 16 Kg
Heat exchanger assy and pump: $200-300 weight: 3 Kg
Front Bilstein Struts and shocks and springs: $200-300 weight: 30 Kg
Front and rear bumper cover will need to be purchased new from Ford since no one gives those parts up
Exhaust system with cats: $200-300 weight: 40 Kg.

I am sure I am forgetting a few details here but that should represent the majority of the parts need for a Terminator conversion. I myself actually have a few of those parts which I will be selling at some point including the front and rear hood, front brakes and wheels.

You stated that you lost your job so this is not an option for you at this time or it may never will be but you now have something to go on should you decide you wanna go this route. If the motor vehicle department in Germany closely monitors your car yearly thru inspection and is very strict you won’t want to go down this road and just stick with the V6. You can mod your existing engine but it will never give you the “grin" factor a 6 speed 32V DOHC blown 4.6 will :dancenana:

There are a lot of guys here who will help you if you go down this path. Just remember to consider the expense and hassles involve but it would be a fun project if you like to work on cars.

I’m not sure what the value of a Terminator is in Europe is but a titled street legal Cobra I would imagine would fetch quite a few Euros and would be a very rare and frightful car indeed :poke: Its likely you will get mod fever like will all do here in the US which can get quite addicting. It’s funny how some guys are not even happy having 700 hp to the real wheels. It’s a disease we all suffer from :nonono:

......or you could just immigrate to the US for the sole purpose of having the honor of owning one of these beasts :mj: We can always use a few krouts around here :-D

Last edited:

03SVTKB

Established Member
^ hahah GREAT post and very helpful
well i wish you luck with your terminator dreams our German comrade
and glad ur part of svtp, welcome from a fellow noobie :pop:

mach1033

Established Member
My step father is from germany and he as German as you can get lol. Welcome to the site :beer:

supercarkiller

griggsg40svt
Established Member
welcome to svtp man! glad to have you. now we can see some cool shit from germany hopefully! lol. u will learn lots here oh and just ignore the hayters. lots here u will see.

Users who are viewing this thread