I'm Still Waiting For Someone To Make it clear

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
Why the Bassani Cat Backs are worth more than the Magnaflow's?????

I'll pay the extra bucks - but I want to be certain its worth it.

mosconiac

Established Member
The smart money is to buy the Magnaflow and put the extra $250-300 into a pulley & tune. Way more rwhp for the same money.

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
That is very good advice. You are right - evaluated on a cost-per-HP basis the Magnaflows are the deal...

I guess I'm kind of looking for someone to convince me that the Bassani's are worth the extra money.

Has anyone heard both - standard Cat backs? And really love one over the other - or are they really just about the same?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You might want to check out the SLP catback. I just recently met up with a local kid who has the SLP on his Mach 1. Wow! Did it sound nice. A bit loud, but some like it that way. And those tips (beveled) look really nice. Best tips I've personally seen. Borla's catbacks and nice, too. And check out Amazon's new Signature Series catback. Nice! Just some thoughts.

hj16

Established Member
Abe Abromowitz said:
Why the Bassani Cat Backs are worth more than the Magnaflow's?????

I'll pay the extra bucks - but I want to be certain its worth it.
It costs more because you're paying for the name.

Abe Abromowitz

Established Member
I appreciate everyone's advice.

Since i'm not doing any more upgrades after this - I wanted to put the very best on the car. Hell, its a $40,000 ride and I should not skimp on a couple of hundred bucks.

I went with the Bassani's and got them from Mark @ Lightningperformace dot com. His price was very, very good. So good infact it was not much more then I was quoted for the Magnaflow's by a local guy.

StngStr

Mustang-less
Established Member
Bassani Cat Backs are NOT worth more than the Magnaflows. No, it's not worth it.

As stated above, the only thing that makes them cost more is the name. They don't perform better, and the sound difference is subject to your opinion.

There's your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread