I'm still here!

predator

Established Member
:beer: Well.....I guess I should apologize for not keeping in touch with the rest of you, but it has been pretty rough around here since July when I lost my car and garage. Things are slowly coming back together. The insurance folks settlement with me was very generous and I did buy the car back. Once the garage is finished I will push the car in and start making my own assessment of whether I will take the time to fix it or part it out. Lots of new aftermarket mods on hold right now. The garage has been rebuilt to the point of drywall and paint completed this past week. The upstairs room and one room in the house had to be done also. Should be another week or so and the job should be finished. The only problem so far has been my claim for garage "contents". Insurance is being a real pain about having receipts. That is the short story of a very aggravating experience. Its funny how they will pay two times the amount to a renovation company for construction, but not want to pay a dime for things you own. I should have taken the check and done it myself. I could have had a new garage, new terminator with NO payments, and my totalled car!

Don't even ask me what kind of a nightmare it has been to finally get a salvage title!

In case I decide to part the car I have been looking to do another project. Dwight will be happy to know that I got a ride in a FFR Cobra this afternoon. What a beast! I have wanted to build one of those for a long time. This car had a mildly built 351W with a T5 and it still made you catch your breath! I can't imagine running a 500hp engine in one of those...or a BBF. Well......ok........I lied.:-D Could be in the future depending on how things turn out.

Anyway, good to see all of you in MACA still littering the boards and hope to catch up with you in the near future. Maybe at a Terminator dismantling party?:beer:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
predator said:
In case I decide to part the car I have been looking to do another project. Dwight will be happy to know that I got a ride in a FFR Cobra this afternoon. What a beast! I have wanted to build one of those for a long time. This car had a mildly built 351W with a T5 and it still made you catch your breath! I can't imagine running a 500hp engine in one of those...or a BBF. Well......ok........I lied.:-D Could be in the future depending on how things turn out.
My dream car!!!!! I promise that I'm going to build one of these from the ground up!!! The project may not begin for 5 years, but it'll happen :rockon: I've been looking at the Hunter CObra kits out of Florida. They're 4 inches longer and I can supposedly fit in the SOB!!!

But, glad you're getting things squared away Dave...... Sounds like a mess, but know you'll come out and make a souflet out of a pile of crap.......:beer:

MYSTIC MAMA

Established Member
Dave,
So glad to hear things are looking up for you. We know from past experience what a time consuming job recovering from a fire is like. Something I hope we, or anyone else, ever has to go through again. We have sold all the Cobra's. The last one, the Mystic, goes home with its new owner today but we are not going to sell the race trailer. We love it so much that we have two new toys to cart around in it now and hopefully when we get some land in upstate NY, it will be able to serve as a temporary garage/work space for us. Good luck with finishing everything up and we will keep a watch out for the next Cobra for you!:pepper:

predator

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.:beer:

Jason.....still trying to get room in the garage to check everything out. Trans is ready.....motor still needs some inspection. I am hoping to get it done this week. I will definately let you know.

TRBO VNM

predator said:
Thanks everyone for the encouragement.:beer:

Jason.....still trying to get room in the garage to check everything out. Trans is ready.....motor still needs some inspection. I am hoping to get it done this week. I will definately let you know.

Ok, I will pass that along.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Good to see everything is starting to come along again! It's gotta be real tough going through this ordeal.

Looking forward to seeing what you finally end up with - whatever it is I know it will be badass...:rockon:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
Good to hear from you Dave, been wondering how you were making out. Glad to hear things are starting to come around for you. Cant wait to see what you have planned next.

Users who are viewing this thread