I'm so excited. Possibly a new coupe for poop!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Well, I've PM'd this dude on dfwstangs that lives pretty close to me about trading my explorer for his coupe and he said yeah, he just needs some pics. I'm gonna be stoked if it actually goes through. Unfortunately there are a couple of things I don't like about the car. It's gonna be my DD, and it has 4.10's and an X-cam. I'm thinking about 3.55's and a B or E cam (just for sound), but might just go with the cam. Also might switch out the wheels for 96-97' cobras. Oh yeah, A/C stuff is out. :( , but I have about 4 months until I'll actually need A/C.
13273new_pics_of_da_coupe_003-large.jpg

13273new_pics_of_da_coupe_001-large.jpg

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Friggin badass. That thing is mean looking. What other mods does it have?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
66speed said:
Friggin badass. That thing is mean looking. What other mods does it have?

Here's the listing.

92 coupe. Orig V8 car! CLEAN int Clean on the outside, needs paint in a cupple spots But its black so its easy to spot paint (EASY paint match) NOTHING MAJOR AT ALL!
5 lug conversion
Fully built rear
UPR upper and lower control arms
Eibach sportlines
Strange axels, Spool C-clip elims,
4.10 gears
Full length sub frame connectors
Weld draglights 15X10s in rear!
8.8 rear
Bat. relocated to rear
ALL ac stuff is out..
It has a Fresh 306 with X cam
hogged out E7s
hogged out stock intake
Chrome BBK long tubes
O/R X-pipe
Aluminum driveshaft
2 chamber flows and a T-5 trans
Cobra Clutch

I'm not sure what the "spool c-clip eliminators" are. I hope it doesn't mean it's spooled, b/c that would basically mean I'd need a complete new rear end build to make a streetable. Anyone know what this means? I think the guy drives it regularly so I don't know.

straightliner1

Established Member
"Spool, C clip elims" simply means it indeed has a locked diff (SPOOL) and C-clip eliminators, like how a 9" retains the axles. It's a good idea on high HP cars. Plan on dumping some money into that car IF you buy it...

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
straightliner1 said:
"Spool, C clip elims" simply means it indeed has a locked diff (SPOOL) and C-clip eliminators, like how a 9" retains the axles. It's a good idea on high HP cars. Plan on dumping some money into that car IF you buy it...

No. I want a close to stock coupe. I want it to have a little get-up-and-go, but not rape me in gas. Hence, not wanting 4.10's, or an X-cam. IF I get it, I'll probably ditch the hood for a stock hood as well.

Leeroy697

Established Member
Sounds cool but I would be cautious about someone who would trade that for an explorer. Make sure you look this thing over before you do the trade. I hope it works out for you cause thats badass.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Leeroy697 said:
Sounds cool but I would be cautious about someone who would trade that for an explorer. Make sure you look this thing over before you do the trade. I hope it works out for you cause thats badass.

The guy has been trying to sell it for months, and actually turned my offer down a couple of months ago. He's posting on a forum that's mainly people that are 200 miles away though. I happen to live fairly close to him. I'm not expecting it to be perfect. My explorer isn't perfect. Well, it just needs the brakes done.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Nice car, but it looks like you're going to have to put quite a bit of money in it to get it to the DD status you want.

CSD

Banned
Sinister04L said:
Nice car, but it looks like you're going to have to put quite a bit of money in it to get it to the DD status you want.
Exactly, car looks badass but needs some work. The potential is there. Good luck!

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
It's not for sure that I'll get it either. I think the guy is looking at some other vehicles, too. Plus he has a truck for trade. He said he either has to get rid of his truck or the coupe. Personally, I should've just found a clean stock coupe when I sold my modded GT last year.

Zorabot

Al Bundy
Established Member
5 lug conversion. 1992 stangs had 4 lug ?
Damn even my POS 91 Mark has 5 lugs and rear discs.

svtrookie

Established Member
GH1086 said:
I personally wouldn't trade a '99 Explorer for that.

Yeah me either....Be careful with that trade! That coupe looks tired! You could def find something way better.

Users who are viewing this thread