I'm on the fence for selling my Cobra too...

mixxer

Established Member
dude i dont think there is a person here that couldnt use the 25,000 ++++ we have all sunk into these cars[bought my car instead of kitchen remodel]. but the bottom line is this is something we all enjoy and love to do, and if you dont have stuff you love to do then whats the point.

TRBO VNM

Jason,

so drive it more. :poke:

I didn't read the sale post, but my advice is if you are going to use the money towards a life investment (property, house, etc) then I totally understand getting rid of the car. if you aren't, then it comes down to just being bored with it or not. why not drive it more? why only once a week? why don't you drive it more? especially since it is summer time.

TRBO VNM

undrpresr said:
yea its mostly because the more i drive, the more gas money I use, the more its gets wore out. I work 7:30-5:00, then gym tilll ike 7:00 or so. Work is like 10 minutes from me so its almost no point in driving the Cobra, I go right to work, then right to the gym then home. Any real time to drive it would be after work but I usually do stuff around the house then. I only really have time to drive it on the weekends.

I mean theres no problem with driving it during the week to work but a 10 minute drive, i dont even feel like putting the top down, then risk something hitting it on the parking lot. Plus not to mention 15 mpg city mileage and 93 octane. I'd love to drive it everywhere and not care about gas or wear and tear but right now I have bigger things going on and this is the time to do it...while im living at home still. my career and stuff is more important right now and until i get rollin in what i want to do, i can hold off. the cobra is the best car ive owned and im sure by next spring or so ill buy another

ok, with the additional info I agree with your decision. not that that matters, but sounded like you needed a little more push to do it. but what you have mentioned, makes sense and is the right decision for you at this point in your life.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Jason, I say do what you gotta do man! Sell it today, make an investment, then 3-5 years down the line you'll be in something twice as good with no debt! :beer: Sounds like something I've done, lol!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread