I'm not getting a KB

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
I'm even further away from a KB now. The ProCharger on the 97 Cobra went south bigtime. I upgraded the head unit to the D-1 blower, so the KB for the 03 is on the back burner again:gt: Anybody heard anything on the Works?

Cobraguy01

Behind The Scene
Established Member
Did you ever get all your parts from Rob? So how do you like it? Just curious because I watched Rob build it up before I got mine. I haven't went that extreme but I'm still modding. Have a good one and hello from S. Indiana. Neil

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
QMP & Rob Reamer!

Actually, Rob put a good "front" on,...on this forum. He has'nt returned any calls or e-mails. He basically screwed me out of the Spec Stage III clutch. He said he sent it to SPEC for an update. SPEC does'nt know what he's talking about. I did receive the ProStar rims and some unusable ET Streets and RCI harnesses. I've bought new ET streets though. He won't even take my business to get the chip reburned The A/F ratio was 10.2. It dynoed at 458 rwhp (street tune) and 468 rwhp (race gas tune) I'll have Rick at AR reburn the chip later

Also found out the hood has been repainted due to the clearcoat peeling off and the metallic flake different sizes. He never mentioned the hood had been repainted.

To be honest, I'm really disappointed in Rob. He started off being a great guy. Then so much $#!t started happening, now I feel he has just lied to me about soo much. I was hoping to build a good friendship and send him all my future business.

If you're getting good service from QMP, thats great. But I'm thousands of miles away and easier to ignore. Oh well,...take lifes good with its bad I guess. I still enjoy the car. Take Care.
Tom

Fastford

Established Member
Let me know if you need any help with the Procharger Problem. I might be able to help you. I will be going out the Procharger This weekend. To work on a project they have working. PM me the details of your failure and I will see what I might Be able to do.

Cobraguy01

Behind The Scene
Established Member
Hey Tom, I'm sorry to hear that Rob's been screwing you over. I've not been to QMP for at least three months. His mechanic has been doing my work on the side. More money for him and less for me. I still want to get my car dyno tuned to make sure everything is at max performance. Goodluck with your 97 Cobra. Neil

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There is another thread this morning that mentions there is a rumor that a Works blower will be debuted at the November SEMA show. Not sure if it would be the Lightning or Cobra blower.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
There is another thread this morning that mentions there is a rumor that a Works blower will be debuted at the November SEMA show. Not sure if it would be the Lightning or Cobra blower.

cobra blower:thumbsup:

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Re: QMP & Rob Reamer!

Originally posted by ROADWARRIORSVT
If you're getting good service from QMP, thats great. But I'm thousands of miles away and easier to ignore.

I'm having my own issues with QMP as well. I asked to have the purchase I made (and never received) credited back to my credit card and that has not happened either. I'm not sure what's up with this company but practices like this are a sure way to go out of business.

Is there anyone else having issues with this company?

davidmax

Established Member
Definate NO NO I would call up the credit card Co,s.We never bill till its shipped and if its a back order we contact to make sure they still want it,Dave Smilovic

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
Definate NO NO I would call up the credit card Co,s.We never bill till its shipped and if its a back order we contact to make sure they still want it,Dave Smilovic

Yes, I trusted them and yet they billed my card and never sent the order. Even after 5 weeks! Is has been 7 weeks now. Not good.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
FastFord,
Thanks for the offer. You could help by grabbing a big ole D-1 and 2nd Day UPS it here when you visit ProCharger!!!:rolling: I hope it does'nt take too long!

KWladyka,
Yes, call the CC company immediately. Hope you can order your part from another company. UPR did the same thing to me. Hopefully AR will carry it. I ordered a 255 lph in-tank from AR. Even though they did'nt stock it, they still got me one asap! Good luck bro. Keep us posted.

Does QMP's business practices need their own thread???

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
Does QMP's business practices need their own thread??? [/B]

Sounds like a good idea to me. Aren't they also a vendor on the modularfords.com web site?

I would think it's not a good idea to hoodwink people who post on these forums. That can't be good for their business.

ROADWARRIORSVT

Established Member
Not sure if they sponsor ModularFords.com but they DO sponsor "ls1.com" Rob spends time on "ls1tech.com" too. That is where I started a polite thread to Rob, then I got my tires/rims asap!!

KWladyka

Enjoying Life
Established Member
KWladyka,
Yes, call the CC company immediately.

Thanks for the reminder. I always like to think of people in a positive light but sometimes that's not always the case and one needs to take steps to prevent getting screwed.

Your comment sparked the fact that I placed my order on 8/29 and now it's almost 60 days later and I still don't have a refund. Since 60 days is the max time limit to dispute a credit card charge I called and filed a dispute.

I also called QMP so see what was up with the refund. The guy who picked up the phone said I'll see it credited to my card in two weeks! Amazing that it only took them a few minutes to put the charge on my card but it will take (at this point) a total of four weeks to credit it back? It's also interesting that if I were to believe him, waiting another two weeks would put me past the dispute time limit.

Beware of this company!!!

And thanks again ROADWARRIORSVT

Last edited:

97whitecobra

Established Member
We can start a business practice thread for Paul's High Performance also.

These problems are B. S. especially for big names who get good reviews from paid off, B. S., mags. Sorry to hear of this. Good luck

Last edited:

97whitecobra

Established Member
Yeah that too. If they at least gave a shit about the customer and backed up their claims it would be ok. Instead they (HE) will just continue to blow you off after he stole your money.

kenebel03svt

Established Member
Explain some of the problems you had with PHP. I was planning on using them for some tuning and parts, but after seeing this I'm having second thoughts.

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
PHP

I bought a mail order Diablo chip (from them) & had a MAJOR stumble on the 2-3 shift. Had to go to JD's w/car to clear up the problem & got +20 ft-lbs & 13hp!

For a co. that has done 200+ cars , my car should not have presented any new challenge that they hadn't seen before.
And yes, their parts prices are nuts...$729 for an Accufab throttle body w/UN-polished manifold. I've seen it for $529.

Last edited:

kenebel03svt

Established Member
Good point. I have noticed that their prices aren't too competitive. Did you ever try contacting them about your problem. You figure with their higher prices that their customer support should be second to none. Has anyone else had bad experiences with PHP. Looking for more input. :read:

Users who are viewing this thread